Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie help...

Something's wrong.
    Pulled too hard on my rudder down handle when it was secured in the bungee. Now everything is slack. I opened up the hatches and looked / pulled on the lines. They aren't broken.
    What should I be looking for? What might I need to do to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cable has an elastic spacer in it about 1/2 of the way back (near your seat). You can feel it if you put your hand in the open deck hatch and reach back for it along the cable. The elastic reconnects to cable near the rear hatch and that cable attaches to your rudder mechanism through the hull of your boat at the stern. You can see the elastic if you use a mirror in either hatch. Assuming you didn't break that cable connection with the elastic at either end you may be able to untie the knot on the right side of your rudder mechanism at the stern and pull the cable tight and retie it to the rudder. That may take up the slack.

If you broke or overstretched the elastic spacer you may need to have the entire mechanism restrung. That would be beyond my capability but I assume a dealer could do it.

The cables are very strong. I'd be surprised if they broke.

Good luck.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I'll try checking tomorrow. The line is still whole so maybe I did stretch that elastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X