15'4" Gheenoe ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15'4" Gheenoe ???

Hi Is there any one on here that has had experience with Gheenoe in the march and on good days on the bay ? thank you Rick

See http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...hlight=gheenoe.

Capt Mike Starrett showed photos of his Gheenoe and I reported my experiences with two sizes of Gheenoes. That type of boat would be fine in tidal rivers and marshes but is not a good choice for going into big water like the Chesapeake Bay unless conditions are flat calm.

You may also want to visit the customgheenoe.com website. There are many avid Gheenoe owners that have seriously pimped their rides.

In 2008 I sold a 23' center console boat and wanted a small boat that I could store in my garage. I bought a 15'6" Gheenoe Classic. I used it for one season and realized it was not even close to the boat I wanted to run 20-40 miles a day around the bay to visit various fishing spots. I sold it and bought a 16' Scout Sportfish 162 that meets my needs and still fits in my garage. There is no comparison in usability and seaworthiness between the two boats.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X