Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zitka Virus : Moderate

Just an FYI

The confirmed cases from Zika in the area are from people who traveled to a previously affected area. So it's not really "here" just yet. Which is why the risk is only moderate, but it may be worth bringing some bug spray with you next time. And to use condoms apparently [emoji28]

http://www.insidenova.com/headlines/...510ce6df5.html
    Last edited by jsnyd86; 06-01-2016, 11:25 AM.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

my wife is all sorts of paranoid about this
    sigpic

Comment

Sawyers permethrin and or a thermacell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't know there was such a thing. I usually buy whatever spray is at rite aid. That's pretty neat!

-Jon
        Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
          I didn't know there was such a thing. I usually buy whatever spray is at rite aid. That's pretty neat!

Permethrin is great, no big spray smell and it doesn't wear off or wash off for a few wash cycles. Just takes some planning to spray gear ahead of time.
          The thermacell works well to guard a small area like a picnic table on a summer day eating crabs. Flies won't come near it.

Comment

The termacell doesn't work to well if you are moving in a kayak because the scent cloud will always be behind you. I have one attached to my seat but it is not nearly as effective on the kayak as it is in the deer stand. When stationary, there isn't a better bug repellent that I've found. I still use permethrin on my clothes because it kills ticks and chiggers instantly which is something to consider if you have to walk through tall grass in order to launch.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
            Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Thermacell is awesome. We took one to Upper Northwest Territories Cananda aka Skeeter capital of the world and never had a problem.
              Native Slayer 12
              Native Ultimate

Comment

Working...
              X