Southern Maryland-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Maryland-

3DNAL1 and I hit the water late yesterday evening...it was rough and breezy- high tide was coming in- boat traffic had the fish scattered- I hooked up a CNR on my very first cast...not a happy camper- broke it off and lost a lure...but a few minutes later I got to smiling as I watched the bow fishermen shooting those sorry things- they had 30 some odd...fishing was really slow until a few minutes before dark...then the fish woke up...we were fishing mainly for white perch, but stripers started taking our perch tackle and I switched from UL to light spinning- had several 18-19 inch fish- two monster white perch...3DNAL1 caught a 23 inch keeper on his perch rig...it gave one heck of a fight...all in all a slow trip that ended on a bang...think I will stay home until the holiday traffic thins out...been having decent success fishing the evening bite-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Good report Ron, you guys are getting it done. I go a whole year without catching a single CNR and I catch 4- at Piney Point Friday, glad the "normal" fish showed up

Yak67
    2015 Hobie PA-14
    2016 Hobie Outback LE #217

Comment

I fish Piney a lot- St. J's creek and PLO- all produce fish...and have an abundance of CNRs...

Comment

How big were the cnrs? Lil ones or bigguns? I may have to bring my
        bow w/ me next time I venture south.

Comment

Mixed Bag? Just a whole 'LOT" of them all over in any level of water. The Big ones break you off quick, the little just play with you for a while, then bend/ straighten out your hooks

Yak67
          2015 Hobie PA-14
          2016 Hobie Outback LE #217

Comment

The ones I snagged were in the 35-40 pound class...I got everyone up to the leader and then popped them off at the lure

Comment

Working...
            X