Torqeedo Solar Panel MOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torqeedo Solar Panel MOD

I posted a month or so ago asking if anyone had any experience with the solar panel for the torqeedo and got an overwhelming response of nope!!! but i Yakfish did answer the only question i needed to convince myself to pull the trigger on it which was did it plug directly into the charging port on the batter...which it does. Over the past month, i have received many PMs asking how the mod was going and how i liked it so i figured id do one post about it instead of responding to each PM. Ok so i tried to download a video of it but it was to big to do so. so i snapped a few pics instead. basically, i went through a lot of PVC trying to design a frame that worked for me. i wanted it quick to install and remove and still be sturdy to hold the panel in place behind me. i can answer any questions anyone has but the pics below should show you the basics. i built the frame to sit high enough to allow me to store my mirage drive below it as i keep it there incase a problem arrises with the torqeedo. I'm open to other ideas and any questions you all got. 20160527_160620.jpg20160527_160632.jpg20160527_160645.jpg
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Great job!!!!!!! ........... You could post it on on You Tube ..........

You may want to consider a safety cord on the front incase you get into a lot of wind ....... Probably don't need it but it would just be a precaution
    Last edited by Memory Maker; 05-27-2016, 06:21 PM.

Comment

i know the pictures don't show it well, but i did put a piece of 550 cord to secure the front down. ill try and post it to you tube. thanks.
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Nice job Rich, that is some McGyver (Show from the 80's kids) level stuff. Love the bronze colored PVC

Yak67
        2015 Hobie PA-14
        2016 Hobie Outback LE #217

Comment

ya i went through many versions before liking this design. and ya i hated the white, so i chose this color. not too much selection for paints that adhere to PVC but i do like it. and i did feel like McGyver at Lowes trying to find each piece to go from the one inch frame to the 1.5 aft fitting then to the 3/4 and then to the 1/2 front arms. good times!
          Rich

Comment

Looks great, have you tryed it out on the water yet?
            Very interested in how well it will maintain the battery.
            Please let us know.
            Thanks,

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've only had it out once and that was only for an hour. when i launched the power showed 97 percent. after one hour of fishing, when i hit the beach it said 96 percent. so i was super stoked. i troll 2.8 to 3.2 mph usually. ill hold off to say its perfect till i get a half day in or more. ill respond to this thread after that happens.
              Rich

Comment

That's awsome, my wife just bought methe 403 torqeedo for my birthday.
                That my be my next add on!!
                Thanks and keep us posted.

Comment

That's sweet. It doesnt look as big as I thought it would be. You can fish all day now!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Kokatat Pro Staff
                  Torqeedo Pro Staff
                  Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                  Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Ronsangler14 View Post
                    That's awsome, my wife just bought methe 403 torqeedo for my birthday.
                    That my be my next add on!!
                    Thanks and keep us posted.

You will absolutely LOVE the Torqeedo !!!!!!!L

Comment

nice job, i too am curious if it will let you troll a full day
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X