7/16 bay bridge west side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/16 bay bridge west side

Launched from spsp at 5:40 am. Tried to catch spot for an hour, plenty of perch but no spot. Trolled out to the bend in the bridge. Tried live lining some small perch, tried jigging metals, tried jigging jig heads with plastics. Nothing. Then tried some blood worms and night crawlers. Caught plenty of perch 10 to 12 long, caught 2 spot about 10 inches long, caught a shad on a home made trout bomb. It's always rewarding to catch on something you make. Also caught 2 undersized stripers. Left at about 10 and saw memory maker on the way out. Lots of small boats around the pilings. All in all it was a nice day on the water.

I might have passed you out there. I was on the water there around the same times. I made a bee line to the deeper pylons and rock piles. Were you in a blue Kayak fishing the west bound span?

Comment

Yes that was me. Tried to stay in the calm spot behind the piling. I saw you headed out. Did you spend some time at one of the 4 column structures? How did you do?

Comment

Except for the southerly breeze you couldn't ask for a nicer day. Glad you guys got out and got some action. I was out with the missus on one of the boats just cruising, tubing and picnicking between the South & West Rivers. I did drop some gulps over at one point but nothing doing. Didn't try too hard as it wasn't the plan on this day anyway.

Seems the best reports from the bridge is over on the eastern side. Long paddle/peddle from SPSP. I did it in the spring during trophy season. Wasn't too bad but was trolling the whole time. (no luck like a lot of guys in the spring )

Comment

Originally posted by wiljack78 View Post
          Yes that was me. Tried to stay in the calm spot behind the piling. I saw you headed out. Did you spend some time at one of the 4 column structures? How did you do?
          I only spent 20 or so mins at the pylons on the way out. I spent most the day fishing the rock pile. There was another Kayaker out there in a orange trident 13. I was talking to him at the landing and he got one keeper. I think he was fishing the pylons all morning. I let him know about this site.

I did well for my first jigging only trip. I posted a report with the details.

Comment

Working...
          X