Meet and greet upper Potomac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet and greet upper Potomac

We are scheduled for June 11 ,plan is a river float and barbecue afterwards. Right now the Potomac is too high and fast for a fun float hopefully will come down to normal levels here soon. Anyone interested please respond . Rich
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

I'm in, I have not fished for smallmouth since February, looking forward to the float.
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

sounds fantastic - will verify schedule - if i make it will be with my son

Comment

Super I have tried to get out the last 2 weeks but whenever I have time off the river is up again

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm interested.

Comment

I may come. Any details such as where to meet and pull out?

Thanks

Donnie
            Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Interested! Would love a nice float for smallie
              -Jon
              Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by Donsail68 View Post
                I may come. Any details such as where to meet and pull out?

Thanks

Donnie
                Start is from Brunswick and float to Point of Rocks we try to ferry everyone up river to get their cars.We then have a barbecue at my farm in dickerson .pig pen has been there and Don v can tell you about it hope water leval drops a bit

Comment

Been watching the gauges. Not looking great. What's the max level at POR that you guys think is safe and comfortable for canoe/kayak? I'm thinking much over 4 is getting pretty pushy? Itching to get out but I let the cool weather/ cold water put me off when the levels were lower earlier this spring.

Comment

hfew2_hg.jpg

Unless a serious storm comes about a day or two before it'll be fine. Was out wading Sunday.
                    Zack
                    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
                    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
                    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by monocacykayak View Post
                      Start is from Brunswick and float to Point of Rocks we try to ferry everyone up river to get their cars.We then have a barbecue at my farm in dickerson .pig pen has been there and Don v can tell you about it hope water leval drops a bit

I can tell about it. Look forward to it every year and it's been consistently one of my favorite M&Gs for years running. Rich is a wonderful host, a hell of nice guy and coordinates everything like a pro. Easy put in and take out, the fishing is good and the food and company feel like home away from home. Don't miss this one if you are a newcomer. The section of river is spectacular and it's just an all around good time. I guess you can tell Michelle & I will be there again.

BTW I don't think Rich does all the cooking and logistics alone and a big thanks to his lovely wife which shares much of the credit for his good behavior and traits.

Comment

Thanks Don I'm hoping the river comes down some. If we don't get alot of rain from this tropical storm we may be ok .Ken Penrod who has river guides said last week some nice fish were caught .

Comment

Also river was at 4 feet this am like to see it half that for easy kayak fishing .When it's that high and fast you can't chill and relax.You have to watch for submerged rocks which you can't see until youre on top of it. Weather is supposed inprove.

Comment

Im interested....have to check on schedule, but probably a yes (for both). What time do we normally get off the water?

Comment

I'm interested for both

Comment

Working...
                              X