cell phone your preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cell phone your preference?

This comes under the personal preference heading but I know there are some clever folk on here.....I would prefer to be on the water without the electronic leash but it's important to be reachable in regard to my son's health and welfare.

I have been fishing with a Samsung Galaxy S5 in my PFD pocket. Phone in a "life-proof" container. This morning a tech at Verizon condemned the case, blaming my chronically poor audio on the case. He may be right in that if I pop some buds in my ears, all of a sudden people can actually hear me......

So I need to loose the life proof case to render my phone functional. I still need the phone on the water...I have not worked out a way to tether the phone to PFD.....if I continue without a tether it's only a matter of time till the phone pays a visit to Davy Jones....

I carry a good VHF hand held in my vest so cell phone is really only to maintain the shoreside connection.

Regards,
    ST

I keep mine in a Tupperware container next to my seat. Keeps it waterproof, floats if it goes over and is fairly easy to access. I have a PA so there is plenty of room for it, not sure if it would be as feasible fora narrower yak.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I use a LifeProof with a life jacket on my iPhone. Waterproof and floats. When I get back on land, I take it out. Really simple set up. Text instead of call. Crappy audio is part of life with a waterproof case.

Comment

Plus 1 on the life proof IPone case- I tested mine- it is waterproof
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Scott,

Samsung Galaxy S7 is fully waterproof, but it doesn't float.

T.
          Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

Nexus 6 is water resistant. Good enough for kayak fishing.
            I need a good paddling

Motorized 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            Garmin Echomap 93sv
            RIP, favorite St. Croix Rod

Comment

I have the same phone and I use a seal line waterproof case. I keep it tethered to my pfd and tucked in between my chest and the pfd. It has a rubber zipper like a ziploc. The touch screen will work through the plastic if there is a little air inside, but not so much if the plastic is touching the screen. Its no problem getting it in and out if needed. I fell out of my kayak recently and it stayed bone dry. The one I have is 8" x 6"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01855...N1VDKQV3WN11VW
              2013 WS Ride 135
              2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Best solution would be a Bluetooth VHF radio. Put the phone in a hatch and you are good to go.

Comment

I use a Plano box for mine. It's made to be water tight for electronics, keys etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X