Fishing CHSP Memorial day weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing CHSP Memorial day weekend

Hi everyone, I will be fishing at CHSP this upcoming weekend while the family spends some time in Rehobeth. I have not launched nor fished in the Delaware Bay before. I am welcome to any tips/law of the land for getting out.

I am mainly curious as to where to launch. If anyone could reply or PM me with some information that would be greatly appreciated!

If it is as easy as launching from the fishing pier then I should be good to go. But if there are any better alternatives I would love to know about them.
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

There is a beach launch by the pier at chsp. You can also launch from Roosevelt Inlet, they have boat ramps if you dont feel like dragging your kayak through the beach.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Park at the peir and theres a trail to the left of the peir, im pretty sure its visable on google maps.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

When we fished there a couple weeks ago, I caught a ton of skate and dogfish around the inner wall, and the main fishing pier. I wanted to try other spots, but I didn't hear of anyone catching anything anywhere else. I did see a fair amount of bluefish snapping at the surface here and there, but none were caught by anyone fishing from our group. The water may be warmer, and you may have a better tide situation, so you might luck out and get a few. All the tackle shops suggested fresh cut bunker for bait, which is what I was using, but a lot of guys trolled lures to no avail (besides the occasional small rockfish). Good luck! Would like to get out there again sometime, but it's very far for me, so I would have to plan it out weeks in advance, and the fishing would have to be great to make a second trip out, not worth it to catch dogfish and skate all day (still better than nothing though).

Comment

Working...
        X