floating Hawg Trough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floating Hawg Trough

This may have been posted before but just in case. I, like some others, have lost my hawg trough overboard and found it sinks like a rock. I made my New one floating by going to home depot, purchasing a roll of Frost King
    Store SKU # 855671, 1/2 in. x 20 ft. Poly Foam Caulk Saver for $3.48
    I flipped the trough over and placed an adhesive on the board between the two thin insets. I then placed the poly foam in the track and now it floats. In the second photo you can see the gray foam in the tracks.

P1010290.jpgP1010289.jpg

Good idea, does the Foam have an adhesive backing on it, or did you use something separate to glue it in place? If you did use your own glue what did you use? I know some glues will eat the foam and or plastic.
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I have some 3M spray adhesive called Super 77 multi purpose adhesive , I bought it at an auto parts store. It is for use with foams and stuff.

Comment

Yep- we posted about this a year or so ago- I lost my hog trough and ordered a new one that I added the spray in expanding foam and 1/8 inch plywood as the back- floats like a piece of styrofoam...and an added benefit is that it stiffens the trough up, too...
        Last edited by ronaultmtd; 05-23-2016, 04:19 PM.
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Cut up Pool Noodles work well too....

Comment

Working...
          X