Perch/Stripers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perch/Stripers

Got out yesterday mid day. Stayed in the lower Susky near twin rocks. The perch are thick but lots of shorts. My friend Chris kept a few for the smoker. No smallies. Managed several schoolie stripers that pulled harder than they should have for their size. Nice day on the water.

perch.jpgstriper2522.JPGstriper522.jpg
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

As much rain as we have it is amazing you were out- good work with the fishing- down in southern Maryland we had showers after showers after showers with steady winds- just not the kind of weather I enjoy getting out in- and I noticed you didn't say anything about CNRs...they are back in Southern Maryland in big schools-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
      As much rain as we have it is amazing you were out- good work with the fishing- down in southern Maryland we had showers after showers after showers with steady winds- just not the kind of weather I enjoy getting out in- and I noticed you didn't say anything about CNRs...they are back in Southern Maryland in big schools-
      No wind and no CNR's. Not a bad combo.
      Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
      Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

Man I can't wait till the perch hit Annapolis.... I am hungry for any kind of pullage......
        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Croakers and bluefish are in Southern Maryland...they put up a decent fight on light spinning tackle...not too bad on the table if you cook them the same day you catch them...otherwise they make decent crab bait...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
          X