Occoquan Reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occoquan Reservoir

I don't expect to get much traffic on this, but maybe some reservoir Angler's have some insight. I was looking for crappie waiting for the sun to go down to go after the top water bass bite. I went fishing Friday afternoon-evening and the top water temp was 76. I found that pretty high for the weather we've been having. Carp were all over (never seen many there) and I barely caught anything. I was throwing a very small crappie crankbait and 2" twister tail grubs. Fish tacos were on the menu but I struck out big time.
    Is there a pattern I should be looking for? I wasn't marking much in deeper water and thought the crappie would be shallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Jon
    Revo 13

I fish the reservoir almost exclusively, both at Fountainhead and Bull Run, and have never had much luck catching crappie other than as bycatch.
    I need a good paddling

Motorized 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    Garmin Echomap 93sv
    RIP, favorite St. Croix Rod

Comment

I fish the other end once in a while. I live right down the street so after work trips are pretty easy. Last summer I found their deep summer hole where they also stay in winter. I have a general idea of where they are but I couldn't get anything going, including bass. The water is pretty high and warm so maybe that's throwing it off? Do you know if they plan to empty it a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

there is a thread dedicated to the Occoquan Reservoir on Bass Resource, might be some useful information there:

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fis...ately/?page=26
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
        X