Upper Bay- Wednesday Pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Bay- Wednesday Pm

I am gonna try my luck on the Flats tomorrow evening. Launching from Tydings sometime between 330 and 430.

Has anybody heard a report?

Ed

Thinking of heading up there myself tomorrow afternoon if I can get through my morning obligations in time. Would probably launch at Perryville due to success there a couple weeks ago. Hopefully the schoolies are still hopping.
    Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

No reports from the north. good luck!
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Going to be hitting the flats this afternoon as well not sure on the exact launch time. I saw a vague report on another forum saying he did well on Monday but all the fish were "throw backs".
        Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I fished this evening from 4 to 615, launching from Tydings. Picked up around 30 stripers ranging from 17 to 25 inches. Most were caught on a White Smack It! I quit trying to troll-there were just too many fish, I couldn't even get set up before rod would go down. Boats were scattered around all the usually spots, most were picking up fish.

Only saw one other Kayak, looked like a darker pedal driven yak.

Brought home a 22 incher!keeper.jpg

Comment

Dang. Very nice. I just made a post, but I launched at Perryville at 2 and didn't get a fish until about 4:30. Seems like the bite might have been coming on then with the incoming tide, but after i got a keeper I called it quits.
            Kevin

Comment

I started over your way, but I ran into too many fish . I could see 1 or 2 yaks and a bunch of boats near the Hospital. Fish seemed to be piled up everywhere! My FF screen was lit up for most of the time I was out.

Comment

Glad you had a good day! I almost joined you, but life got in the way... Good to know there are still fish up there.
                Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Huh. I wasn't seeing much on my FF early on when I was trolling. I guess they just weren't in the same areas I found them in a few weeks ago but I didn't want to troll through all the boats that were casting. Does this size range of fish hang up in the flats for a good while or will they thin out up there soon?
                  Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Egriger View Post
                    I fished this evening from 4 to 615, launching from Tydings. Picked up around 30 stripers ranging from 17 to 25 inches. Most were caught on a White Smack It! I quit trying to troll-there were just too many fish, I couldn't even get set up before rod would go down. Boats were scattered around all the usually spots, most were picking up fish.

Only saw one other Kayak, looked like a darker pedal driven yak.

Brought home a 22 incher![ATTACH=CONFIG]19008[/ATTACH]

That was me trolling in Propel 10, did decent caught a allot smaller fish (a few larger ones but no keepers), but never worked my way towards where you were (I could see a Yak off in the distance). Seems like when I moved out of a certain depth of water I got no bites so I stuck around there.
                    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

What depth were you finding them at? Over by the hospital I was mostly trolling 6-12 ft because that is the depth I found them at a couple weeks ago and the xraps start hitting the bottom any shallower. I tried going shallower with crystal minnows but they were picking up grass. Most of the boats seemed to be parked in 4-6 ft and that is where I finally picked up a couple. Not sure if they just weren't hitting early before the tide started coming back in or I just wasn't where the fish were.
                      Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the reports guys, I may head up there tomorrow and launch from tidings. Is anyone else going out ?
                        shoot me a text if you are-
                        matt
                        443-854-1774

Comment

Working...
                        X