Honga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honga

Im afraid to even say it for some reason. But I'm thinking about making the trip soon. No dates in particular, just floating the idea in case there's a few others who were thinking the same thing.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

walleye pete caught a speck recently, and he's known to fish those waters, so i'd give it a shot. may do the same this weekend
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, that's good enough for me. I'll be keeping an eye on the weather and waiting to make the trip.
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
        Thanks, that's good enough for me. I'll be keeping an eye on the weather and waiting to make the trip.
        That's a trip I've always wanted to do. Any idea of the date?

Comment

Sometime within the next couple weeks would probably be best. I was playing with the idea of this Memorial Day but that's a long day. I need to play it safe with the Mrs. on those long trips
          -Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

A friend & I fished the shoreline of Elliott Island, Md.( 18 miles west of Vienna, Md.) Got into Rockfish trolling some light jigs and paddle tails. A couple were over 22". A great launch at a local community ramp. Most of the time we were within 20-30 yds. of shoreline in 4-6 ft. Had a great time.
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Any signs of specks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              -Jon
              Revo 13

Comment

No- just rock and white perch

John Rentch
                Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Cool, thanks. I've been playing with the idea of going Monday. Not sure where I'll launch yet. Guess that depends on tide and weather holding up

-Jon
                  Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by J. Rentch View Post
                    A friend & I fished the shoreline of Elliott Island, Md.( 18 miles west of Vienna, Md.) Got into Rockfish trolling some light jigs and paddle tails. A couple were over 22". A great launch at a local community ramp. Most of the time we were within 20-30 yds. of shoreline in 4-6 ft. Had a great time.
                    It is very remote there. Here is a photo of the ramp area and one of the marsh channels we paddled up (I caught a few small stripers at the intersection of smaller marsh channels and this main channel). We were there at a less than optimal time -- last hour of falling tide, slack low, and first 1.5 hours of incoming. Specs should be in the area at some point during the summer, but we did not encounter any this week.

002.jpg 003.jpg
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis
                    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                      It is very remote there.
                      That's the best part about southern Dorchester!
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                        That's the best part about southern Dorchester!
                        Most definitely!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                        -Mustafa
                        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                        2016 Hobie Outback
                        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
                          Cool, thanks. I've been playing with the idea of going Monday. Not sure where I'll launch yet. Guess that depends on tide and weather holding up

add at least another hour or more of travel to your normal time due to the beach traffic crossing the bridge on your way back
                          sigpic

Comment

That's the one part I'm dreading. But I think for myself, going down now is the best chance I have for a bit. I was playing with the idea of Rudee Inlet, but I can't justify being on 64 during Memorial Day Weekend. Back up plan may be Smith river or something.
                            -Jon
                            Revo 13

Comment

i did it last year, memorial day. i think it took almost 2 hours to get to the bridge from before the outlets. but if i remember correctly, the fishing was worth it!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X