Dilemma!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justacanoe View Post
    if you want a motorized boat, get a motorized boat - Used aluminum boat with 6-8hp off C/L would be ideal. I never understook the sheer joy of kayaking anyways (kinda lame fishing platform if you ask me - wet seat and feet, unstable, too little room, too slow, too hard to work rods behind boat - can't easily turn around and square-up - half twisted in neck/spine), dangerous (not easily seen on big water = smashed / too hard to avoid imminent collision due to slow yak).

Ha sounds like you have never kayaked from a better quality kayak before. Kayak is just a name we call our small boats, comfortable fully adjustable seat, plenty of rod storage at your feet, damn near indestructible, cheaper on fuel expense and launch fees, ultra portable stable fishing platform. What you described is someone fishing off a plank of wood, yeah i dont understand that part.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
      There's a guy I know that uses the Torqeedo rear mounted in the Susky around Harrisburg all the time. He has a stump jumper he had made on it so hitting rocks does not cause damage. I can contact him if you are considering a Torqeedo.

I'd certainly be interested in looking at this option..I intend to finally install my Torqueedo 403 on my PA14 along with a power pole.
      Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
      2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
      2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
      2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Originally posted by RustedAngler View Post
        I'd certainly be interested in looking at this option..I intend to finally install my Torqueedo 403 on my PA14 along with a power pole.
        Theoretically, if you don't have the motor locked in the down position, the 403 has a decent size skeg that's supposed to move the motor out of the way if you get into some rocks/obstructions but I still somehow managed to ding up my prop on some rocks in the Potomac. I consider it user error, but it would be nice if other solutions were available.
        "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
        Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

A lot has changed since this original posting 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RustedAngler View Post
            Go on Torqeedo Ultralight owners Facebook page ........ a lot of guys do this and there are some mounts for the power pole and 403 together starting to appear

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
              Go on Torqeedo Ultralight owners Facebook page ........ a lot of guys do this and there are some mounts for the power pole and 403 together starting to appear
              Thanks for the heads up on that! I thought I was already following them but to my surprise, I was not.
              Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
              2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
              2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
              2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Working...
              X