Final day tog finale CHSP 5/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final day tog finale CHSP 5/11

Fished the inner wall for tog most of the day today and had a blast! I caught over a dozen with 5 keeper sized at 19.5, 18, 19, 17.5, and 18.5, keeping my 3 fish limit out of those.

I got a majority of them on a shrimp tipped jig on light tackle.

I spent the first and last 30 minutes trolling for blues, but only snagged a horseshoe crab and didn't mark much. I ran into EMSer and Scott Taylor fishing for blues and a few others guys toggin that I didn't catch there names.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Good job Ryan!
    I am glad you fished the last day. Your report (catching) is one of the main reasons why spring season closes in the mid May I think.

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 05-12-2016, 07:32 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Great seeing you on the water, Ryan. That is the way to finish Tog season in style!

I wish I could report an equally successful day. I targeted Blues and came up empty....
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Man oh man! Awesome bro!

-Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Hey Ryan , Thanks for sharing some of Your Tog catching knowledge out on the wall yesterday , My buddy managed to get the 3rd Tog , Me 0 , I couldn't catch a cold . I think a blind person could see that's the 1st time I've fished on a kayak ! Learned a lot that should make My next trip hopefully successful ,like having a anchor

Comment

Originally posted by emmelch1 View Post
            Hey Ryan , Thanks for sharing some of Your Tog catching knowledge out on the wall yesterday , My buddy managed to get the 3rd Tog , Me 0 , I couldn't catch a cold . I think a blind person could see that's the 1st time I've fished on a kayak ! Learned a lot that should make My next trip hopefully successful ,like having a anchor
            Did you drop your rig right next to Ryan's? For kayakers, it is not stealing, it is sharing. I do that all the time. Ask Redfish12, Slab, HokieDJ and Tufnik. We split to find holes, and we usually get together once a good hole is found. That way we, all will have fish at the end of the day. You know what I mean.

Regarding an anchor:
            I bought a 10 LB dumbbell (rubberized surface) from Wall mart after learning a dumbbell was an effective anchor in CHSP last Saturday. I am going to use this from July. I think I will drop the dumbbell where no narrow cracks near a possible productive hole. I will post the result with fishing reports.

joe
            Last edited by ComeOnFish; 05-12-2016, 09:58 AM.
            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Actually, I left a hot spot to search for another and let them know exactly where it was. I shared! I pulled three nice fish and several shorts out of the one little hole. I think fishing the jig yesterday was out-producing conventional setup.

I personally don't like using an anchor and just hold in position with my mirage drive and re position as needed with paddle.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                Good job Ryan!
                I am glad you fished the last day. Your report (catching) is one of the main reasons why spring season closes in the mid May I think.

Joe
                Catching all those fish yesterday is very encouraging for when the season comes back in and for the fall, can't wait!
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Nicely done! You're getting to be a master with those jigs!

Your report (catching) is one of the main reasons why spring season closes in the mid May I think.

Joe
                  That and to let them spawn out. Those female tog have some fat bellies; full of roe no doubt.
                  Brian

Comment

Here's a short clip of some of the action Wednesday
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                      Here's a short clip of some of the action Wednesday
                      Love the super concentration expression... We all have the face when catching tog! LOL

-Mustafa
                      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                      2016 Hobie Outback
                      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

My wife says I look bored... I like your take a little better, lol
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Yea I would go with focused. I'm jealous of your tog jigging skills
                          Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
                            Yea I would go with focused. I'm jealous of your tog jigging skills
                            I think I know why he looked dazed. He had been licking/inhaling a strange orange substance while togging. May be the orange stuff is his secret weapon.

Anyway, capturing a scene of setting hook while kayak fishing is one of the toughest things for an one man video kayak fishing crew. Good Job.

Joe
                            Last edited by ComeOnFish; 05-13-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I think I know why he looked dazed. He had been licking/inhaling a strange orange substance while togging. May be the orange stuff is his secret weapon.

Anyway, capturing a scene of setting hook while kayak fishing is one of the toughest things for an one man video kayak fishing crew. Good Job.

Joe
                              Lol, orange substance?

I usually just leave the camera running, my old gopro 960 lasts about 4 hours. Then I can go through and take clips or stills as I wish.
                              Ryan
                              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X