Favorite super line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D3NAL1 View Post
    You have to watch your rod to the line to the weight being casted, otherwise wind knots can happen quick. Thats the secret
    Yea it's not wind knots I'm having issues with, it just doesn't cast well with super light jigs. I can launch an 1/8oz jighead with a gulp minnow on 8lb stren mono, but the braid just doesn't cast as well for whatever scientific reason.

Plus when you're using floating braid with really light jigs like that it's harder to stay connected to the bottom (for me anyways). I'm all about braid but any setup that requires braid lower than 20lb I'm just using mono.
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

For light gear (15#test and under) I love Nanofil......I know I am in the minority, but I love that stuff.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Same here, Kevin- I use Berkeley Nanofil on my 2 UL rigs- 6 pound test- never had an issue of any type with it- the heavier lines are a different story- I used a lot of Cabela's braid I got on sale- but I got occasional wind knots and guide wraps with it- not with the Fireline- It reminds me of a super strong ultra thin monofilament
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

http://www.eposeidon.com/kastking-su...ing-line-16421

My new fishing line. I've been using this now for several outings and I really like it. I was using PowerPro SuperSlick which is a comparable line, but the KastKing is cheaper.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I used to be a spiderwire guy but then something changed with the line about 10yrs ago. Since that time, Ive tried to use it a couple times and it always sounds like its trying to saw grooves into my guide when retrieving. After I gave up spiderwire, I spent a while trying different lines and found that I really like the Daiwa J-braid in the 8 strand variety. Have had zero issues. They have the charteuse color that I normally use and I've also been experimenting with their multi-color version. Its nice in that there is a mark every meter and the color changes every ten meters. I rarely use the color change feature of the line, but the marks every meter come in handy when jigging.
            "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
            Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Another vote for Sufix 832. I will also say I tried a 20 lb. spool of Yo Zuri super braid for albie fishing this fall and it was pretty great and much less $$$
              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I like Kastking as well. Great for the price and I haven't had any problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha550 View Post
                  I like Kastking as well. Great for the price and I haven't had any problems with it.
                  I am a kastking fan myself. Never had a problem. Just did a top shot with more on my trolling rods after 2 years. I use it on my casting and spinning rods now to
                  John
                  Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

Comment

1 Diamond braid, 2 Suffix 832, then diawa J-braid for cast ability and power pro for strength,,

Comment

I use P-line Floroclear on my baitcasters, J-Braid on my spinning & Kastking on my linecounters.

Comment

What do I love about this group........One of them, is the ability to search for old postings. I was going to post a question asking what type of braid I should get, but decided to search instead. And, I found this posting, that seems exactly what I need.

I'm bringing it back out because I think that many of us are setting up our gear for the next year, and this is great info.

Best Regards,
                        Stan
                        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

My setups ultralights 4 lb. fire line, one ultralight with 5 lb pp that I haven't used yet. one light action with 6 lb nanofil, medium rods 10 lb pp, 2 medium heavy with 15 lb pp and 2 medium heavy with 20 lb pp.

Comment

I have used fireline since the 90s. Still happy with it.

I have some sufix 832 on a few reels and have no complaints

Trying J braid x4 this year.

Honestly for the way I fish I think just about any braid will do.

Comment

I have been using KastKing (10 - 60 # test) for years for the price and quality for spot. croaker, bass, speck, puppy drum, flounder, chopper bluefish, trigger fish, sheepshead, tautog, striper, big redfish, black drum, cobia. Targeting tarpon this summer. I don't mind cutting off 10-15' after every rock pile and bridge pylon fishing because of the low price.

Joe
                              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Bring this one back up from the depths. while fishing this weekend, i thought, how old is this line on my reels. looked it up, purchased a 1100Yard roll of 20lb pink fireline back in 09 for 44bux. a few reels, still have that used line spooled in 09. my newer reels are using that same 09 line, but spooled in 2016. man, i havent changed any line in 10 years on my spinning outfits, crazy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X