Bay Bridge 7-14-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 7-14-11

Mytmouse and I decided to try our hand today, launching out of SPSP. It was windy out!! Moreso than forecasted. Meh, whatever...despite the less than ideal conditions we went out anyway. We've been out in worse.

The outgoing tide was pretty strong. We stayed just south of the bridge, as the pylons helped break up the waves a bit. The current made fishing for spot a tough chore. We were drifting pretty quickly. We decided to use our soft plastics around the pylons. Fish were marked at most of the pylons, but I guess they didnt like what we had to offer. It ws too rough out there to be changing lures often...you really had to keep an eye on the waves. The water was quite warm, so the splashing was welcome. I took quite a few bit hits over the bow that flooded the cockpit. It was actually fun though.

After working the pylons for a lil while, we went in to tow mode to try the protected lake area near the launch to try to catch some spot. Couldn't buy a spot in that area so we packed up and fished the pier at Jonas Green Park.

Here are some vids...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPDZTyhdAfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xRfYanNpEA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX4cO4KSKY4
    <insert witty comment here>

nice video! yeah just a tad on the suck side out there. coming up on the full moon, higher tides and more current, south winds suck on the west side, blows the chop up on this side. usually on the full moon the bite is at night

Comment

It sucked royally! Everyone is putting up reports on how they are slaying Stripers LL and/or jigging... and this is what I get. I made a quick comparison vid of the swells when I went to the BB with some other members this Summer and today... BIG difference! LOL Please note I do use 1 word of profanity... a swell caught me off guard...lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiVSF2wiA20

Comment

ha, that tow is funny! like the vids, youll get them next time
        sigpic

Comment

That's pretty snoty out there. I'm glad i made the call to cancel my evening trip yesterday. The videos came out great. Are you using the hat to mount your contour?

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
            That's pretty snoty out there. I'm glad i made the call to cancel my evening trip yesterday. The videos came out great. Are you using the hat to mount your contour?
            I used a headband mount. I need to find a better headband, as the headband Im using doesnt hold the camera well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
              I used a headband mount. I need to find a better headband, as the headband Im using doesnt hold the camera well enough.
              Get some 2" elastic strap from EBay and some thread and a needle. That's how i made the head strap for camera. It looks less than cool but works great.

Comment

will it support the extra weight of the waterproof case too?

Comment

add a strap to go over the top of your head.

it will look like a thong on your head, but hey, i like thongs.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Contour branded one works well, I just need to work how to get my forehead out of the picture...LOL

Comment

The head thongs will look nice with the orange shirts. Try to get them to match.

Nice, crisp videos, though. Any luck at Jonas Green?
                      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                        will it support the extra weight of the waterproof case too?
                        yep. If you double up the straps and make it tight it holds it well. Squeezes your head a little but you get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                          The head thongs will look nice with the orange shirts. Try to get them to match.

Nice, crisp videos, though. Any luck at Jonas Green?
                          One guy on the corner had the hot spot and the hot bait (peeler crab). Perch on every cast...literally. Sickening.

Comment

Working...
                          X