Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are flounder/bluefish/tog reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are flounder/bluefish/tog reports?

Where are flounder/bluefish/tog report?
    Has the weather been bad?

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

I haven't been down the beach yet aside from one short trip in a kayak and two trips to Indian River Inlet. I have actually been Striper fishing up at the beginning of the bay by boat as that is where the more consistent action is in Delaware. I have been looking at fishing reports from other sources as far as the bluefish bite and every one is still the one guy that caught one fish. The bluefish run isn't like last year.
    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Flounder are being caught on the seaside inlets, but with this weather I am sure it may have slacked up some. A friend of mine caught 5 keepers last week on a ESVA inlet. Seems like a good amount of blues are bring caught by surfcasters in Lewes, but not a many as last year. I have heard too much about tog, besides some catches off ocean structure.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

i will be heading to kipto this weekend (fri-sun) with a couple friends to try our luck at flounder
        Michael
        2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
        Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Guys, thanks for the replies. It seems I can fish CHSP this coming weekend according to my work schedule. If I can, I will try for big blue first in shallow water along the shore line, then flounder, and togs.
          Please give us Westerly wind and no lightening. That's all I want.

Joe
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

oooh please do keep us informed I really want to make a trip there

Originally posted by Mbae View Post
            i will be heading to kipto this weekend (fri-sun) with a couple friends to try our luck at flounder
            2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
            LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
              oooh please do keep us informed I really want to make a trip there
              had no luck this weekend unfortunately.. fished for quite some time friday afternoon and all day saturday with not a single hit. my friend did manage one flounder at 17'' from his boat though.
              water temps were 60 degrees. i would wait a few weeks till the water warms up some more before making a trip down.
              Michael
              Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

I was out there on Saturday also. The water in the ditch at Wise Point was horrible. The super high tide pulled a lot of debris and reed grass out of the marsh when it ebbed. The massive rains on Friday also didn't help. I managed one 18" flounder on a drop off in the only patch of semi clean water I found.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
                  I was out there on Saturday also. The water in the ditch at Wise Point was horrible. The super high tide pulled a lot of debris and reed grass out of the marsh when it ebbed. The massive rains on Friday also didn't help. I managed one 18" flounder on a drop off in the only patch of semi clean water I found.
                  nice doug! wish i wouldve known you were out there. ill have to try my luck there again in a few weeks.
                  Michael
                  Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Fished CHSP today for 7 hours. Paddled 12 miles targeting blues. The only ones we saw were being tossed into the air by a pod of dolphins. None accepted our invitation to hide in our kayaks.....

All the shore fisherman reported similar results.

There was solid Tog action at the inner wall. Too bad I wasn't fishing for them..
                    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
                      Fished CHSP today for 7 hours. Paddled 12 miles targeting blues. The only ones we saw were being tossed into the air by a pod of dolphins. None accepted our invitation to hide in our kayaks.....

There was solid Tog action at the inner wall. Too bad I wasn't fishing for them..
                      That's not what I want to hear. I intend on stopping down there for a few hours tommorow
                      1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                      2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                      2015 Coosa HD
                      2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                      2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post

Whut? You fished 7 hours for big bluefish only in CHSP on the last day of the spring tog season?

Joe

Comment

Working...
                        X