Feeling Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    My favorite Mirrolure (sinking- twitch bait) is the 77M-it is a deeper running bait and a bigger profile than the 52M- I change out the trebles for Lazer L774KU6 4X trebles- for me they seem much more effective and a much stronger hooks-I have had fish straighten out the factory hooks- also use some scotchbrite to rough up the belly to dull that area- seems to trigger more strikes...and nothing beats a Top Dog or she dog top water walk the dog bait...although the Bomber Bonk-a-Donk works pretty good...the 52M is good in shallower waters as the 77M is for 10' plus deep waters- my go-to colors are the red/white and #18 green back, silver scale sides and white bottom...
    You may answered my long sought question. Somehow I could catch specks in the shallow water (channels or edge between 3-12' water including FL). Though I couldn't hook up any specks holding in deeper water, 17' down or more. I jigged and used bait. But nothing worked. I thought specks in the deep water were inactive, not interested in eating. I will get a couple of 77Ms and try next time when I have a chance.

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Friday, Sat and Sunday at Rudee Inlet. Friday morning, nothing on the outgoing, then the bite picked up during incoming. Three Blues at 30, 31, and 34. Saturday only one Bluefish at 30 inches. Sunday lost two big blues (knew I should have changed that leader after the first three!) and caught an 18 inch Flounder. The flounder was caught while trolling at a good clip for Bluefish, Assumed way too fast and high for the bucktail/paddletail but he hit it hard. Then lost a flounder later. Flounder bite seems to be improving and should only get better as the Bluefish move out.
      34 inch 13-5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        My favorite Mirrolure (sinking- twitch bait) is the 77M-it is a deeper running bait and a bigger profile than the 52M- I change out the trebles for Lazer L774KU6 4X trebles- for me they seem much more effective and a much stronger hooks-I have had fish straighten out the factory hooks- also use some scotchbrite to rough up the belly to dull that area- seems to trigger more strikes...and nothing beats a Top Dog or she dog top water walk the dog bait...although the Bomber Bonk-a-Donk works pretty good...the 52M is good in shallower waters as the 77M is for 10' plus deep waters- my go-to colors are the red/white and #18 green back, silver scale sides and white bottom...
        Evil post to get me to go buy those Mirrolures! Thanks for the great advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
          Friday, Sat and Sunday at Rudee Inlet. Friday morning, nothing on the outgoing, then the bite picked up during incoming. Three Blues at 30, 31, and 34. Saturday only one Bluefish at 30 inches. Sunday lost two big blues (knew I should have changed that leader after the first three!) and caught an 18 inch Flounder. The flounder was caught while trolling at a good clip for Bluefish, Assumed way too fast and high for the bucktail/paddletail but he hit it hard. Then lost a flounder later. Flounder bite seems to be improving and should only get better as the Bluefish move out.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]18863[/ATTACH]
          Thanks for the report. I wish I lived in VA Beach. I inspect leader every time I catch big bluefish. Leaders do get damaged often by bluefish. Like you mentioned, fish will move in eventually, and move out (very quickly sometimes) in Rudee. I learned to be patient when fishing in Rudee.
          I want my first flounder of the year!

Joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
          X