Scenic travels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenic travels

Where in your opinion are some of the most scenic places to kayak in Maryland?
    Last edited by Darnell; 04-24-2016, 06:40 PM.

In my opinion a nice fish on the end of my line is some nice scenery.
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Top end of Mattawoman Creek is neat.
      Seneca Breaks, Potomac River.
      Potomac River just south of the Route 340 bridge at Harpers Ferry.
      Pocomoke River looks beautiful.

Comment

As you come out of Goodhands Creek and head south you’ll approach Prospect Bay. The western shoreline along this path is largely natural with downed wood, phragmites reeds and sod banks with lots of cuts and inlets to explore. To the east is Hog Island, an excellent wind break and a fish magnet, particularly the southeast side of the island. I think this area is scenic and typifies Maryland's Eastern Shore especially when a commercial crab boat crosses my path.

Closer to home the Severn River is bordered by the pristine grounds and buildings of the Naval Academy with the Maryland statehouse dome peaking above them in the background. The large private homes on the Severn's high banks add much to the beautiful setting.

Those two sites are far different, one natural and one manmade but each offers much to please my eyes and senses.
        Last edited by Mark; 04-25-2016, 07:22 AM.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

The trip to the eastern shore is well worth it. Hoopers, Crisfield, Deal Island, etc. are all very scenic. You will rarely see another kayak and only a few boats on most days. Lots of really clean, almost-white sand beaches to explore and the fishing is pretty good too. Here are a few pictures of a day my wife and I had a couple of springs ago around Rumbley, MD (near Crisfield).

Hobie Fishing Team Member
          Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Anyplace and anytime you can get out and be safe is a Beautiful time to be out. Enjoy it all when you can.

eyedaddy

Comment

Upper Potomac.

Comment

Working...
              X