Rocky Gorge 4/23/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge 4/23/16

Fished from 4PM-7PM. No big fish. Caught 5 largemouths. All were small. Largest bass only about 13 inches long. Caught 3 on a spinnerbait and 2 on a crankbait. Saw some carp jumping. Had the reservoir to myself. For the first time this year I did not lose any fish as I was bringing them to the kayak.

Spent Saturday and Sunday on Rocky Gorge. Place has me baffled. Only got one dink. My buddy pulled a nice one out around noon today.

I will be back soon to redeem myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I was there saturday morning for a few hours and had a day of a LIFETIME.

Caught 17 total... 2 small mouth .. 10 of my fish measured over 17 inches.

biggest went 21

they were eating hot and heavy during the rain
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

So thats why I couldnt get on them. You caught em all!

Comment

Comment

4.25 at rocky gorge.jpg Went out Monday and had a decent day caught 4. This was the biggest 4.25 lbs. First time on this body of water and it was tough to fish. Places looked really fishy but did not produce fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Mills View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]18815[/ATTACH] Went out Monday and had a decent day caught 4. This was the biggest 4.25 lbs. First time on this body of water and it was tough to fish. Places looked really fishy but did not produce fish.
              It is an older body of water (impounded back in 1952) and it has no submerged aquatic vegetation. Both of those factors lead to fewer bass per acre (particularly the lack of vegetation). However, as you found out, there are some healthy sized bass in there.
              Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
                It is an older body of water (impounded back in 1952) and it has no submerged aquatic vegetation. Both of those factors lead to fewer bass per acre (particularly the lack of vegetation). However, as you found out, there are some healthy sized bass in there.
                Yeah I didn't see anything on the depth finder but I fished every downed log and piece of brush I found. I did mark a lot of fish in 40 foot of water but didn't have much with me to get down that deep. I need a couple of 1 oz jigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Mills View Post
                  Yeah I didn't see anything on the depth finder but I fished every downed log and piece of brush I found. I did mark a lot of fish in 40 foot of water but didn't have much with me to get down that deep. I need a couple of 1 oz jigs.
                  This time of year I would expect most of the bass to be in 10 feet of water or less. The males will be up on beds and the females in the vicinity usually holding slightly deeper. Those WSSC reservoirs have a lot of different species. Everything from white perch to walleyes to carp to northern pike to shad to striped bass. I have graphed schools of fish suspended out in the middle of those lakes without a clue as to what they were.
                  Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Catching 4 bass in one trip to Rocky Gorge is a success in my book. Yes, lots of water and what seems like very few fish.

Comment

Working...
                    X