April 23rd Double Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 23rd Double Report

So it rained at the start but my clients had rain jackets. Then it rained a bit more and I put on my rain gear..minus pants because I knew it would stop soon..WRONG WRONG WRONG. Soaked we flipped docks and brush piles till mid day and then it happened. It rained even harder. Dang did I get this day wrong. Lots of small crappie and few mud cats where caught. But every third crappie was a keeper and those pesky white perch kept stealing our bait. Undaunted by the weather we pressed on and scored some decent crappie till the sun came out and just like that we ran out of bait. Still soaked to the bone we headed back and honestly uhm really had a blast flipping today.
    Single rod did the trick today.

Capt Mike

It was supposed to rain a little in the morning and then get sunny and warm. It was supposed to rain a little in the morning and then get sunny and warm It was supposed to rain a little in the morning and then get sunny and warm. That's what we kept saying all day as we fished soaked and cold. Oh, we had raingear, it was safe and dry in truck. We were cold, wet and wind blown but, catching fish helped keep us occupied. Not hot and heavy but, enough to keep our interest until we ran out of bait. We packed up and headed to the ramp. NOW the sun comes out. Still windy though. Five nice eater cats and a pile of crappie. And now, the dry out...

Capt Dave

Nice work!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Are you fishing Western Shore or Eastern Shore? I love catching crappie, but can't find enough places to catch them on the Eastern Shore.

Comment

On the Potomac ..eastern shore crappie fishing is great BTW..
        The locals are very tight lipped about crappie over there. They may not have the 12-14 inchers we have but they have plenty over there.

Capt Mike

Comment

Working...
        X