Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Fishing Buddies

Hello all,

I live in Caroline County on the Eastern Shore. I'm looking for kayak fishermen that are interested in going for big Rock. Since our second child was born, the Mrs is reluctant to let me fish the Bay Bridge by myself in my 14' Manta Ray. Too many idiots in power boats to potentially leave it to chance by myself. Tried fishing from Hooper's Island today (1hr 15 min drive) and caught what you guys are mostly catching (many in the 21"-24" range). Not much boat traffic (launched at 7AM), but the wind kicked me off the water at 10:30. Fished from the bridge and landed another half-dozen in the same size range before calling it quits. Drove home empty handed. Guys in power boats coming in from a few miles out said they were limiting out. Bay Bridge is the only place I can think of that allows deep water access without paddling several miles from shore...its just risky with so much boat traffic. Send me a shout-out, as I'm up for fishing tomorrow morning. Phone is four-four-zero two-two-seven one-six-six-four.

Thanks everybody,
    CFF (Matt)

You can launch from Matapeake State Park. The ramp is within minutes paddle of the shipping channel drop off. It is a good area for stripers. Just remember, the general concept is big baits for big fish. This time of year trolling seems to be the name of the game, at least in open water. Although, there are many reports of fishers catching stripers, in the 40+ inch range, from the beach with blood worms. Good luck.

Comment

I live in Easton and have been talking to a buddy about fishing the bridge. Haven't had the time or nerve but might be something we can get our hands into. We mainly fish freshwater from our kayaks but are super interested in working the bay. Shoot me a PM with your number and we will talk

Cheers
      Geoff

Comment

Working...
      X