Phone calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone calls

I'm looking for suggestions on waterproof/headphone bluetooth earpiece so that I can take emergency calls on the water. How do you guys stay accessible.

Once upon a time, I used to be able to go out fishing and the world would just have to wait for me to take the "Gone Fishin'" sign down. Family obligations have changed, and I need to be accessible. I'm looking for a bluetooth device that I can take calls if necessary while I'm out, and not have to take the phone out of the drybox, or constantly look at it to see if its an important call. Preferably something that can recite the name or number calling that I can pick up by a simple button press or just say "accept call."

Don't need to listen to my music or podcasts, etc. Just be contactable while I'm out that won't be damaged by water and stays pretty good on my head or around my neck.

Thanks.
    Hobie Revo 13 (w/ graffiti removed)
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13

I never used a Bluetooth on the water, but kept the phone in a LifeProof case with the life jacket on, in the big pocket on my PFD, and attached to the cord the whistle was on. Never had to worry about losing it if I took it out to check calls or messages. Just turn ringer up all the way. Works great.

Comment

My plan is to get one of these and kill two birds with one stone. http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-MRHH500F...dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

I use a cobra HH 500. Bluetooth connected to my phone. that's in a dry box. I can also make calls from the radio with the voice recognize software in my phone

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sd_al_bw_c_x_1

pulled off the suction cup and just clip it to my pfd. Listen to music ive loaded onto my phone, but it also interrupts music when a call comes in and allows you to pick up and talk using just the speaker.

Its pretty cool for 16 bucks

Comment

Working...
          X