Spring Morning on the Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Morning on the Severn

Mark Bange, Harry (dirtdawg) Steiner2016-04-18 08.44.41.jpg and I launched from Jonas Green at 7AM. Winds were calm and tide was ebbing. Beautiful sunning morning. 2016-04-18 07.06.40.jpg Harry and I went south, Mark went north. Saw lots of marks going south, no hits. I am running three lines this year. I put a third on the starboard side behind my seat. Taking a few trips to work out the kinks. Was near the mouth of the Severn when I got my first hit-a 18" striper. As I was bringing it in, he got tangled in the other three lines and was a mess getting it straightened out. One lure was wrapped around the propeller of my Slayer 10. After about 20 minutes I untangled, put on a new leader on one line, and was ready to start again. Looked up and I had drifted almost to the end of Greenbury Point. Figured out that when the back line is hit, I reel in the starboard front line. About 10 minutes later, landed a 21" from the back line again. No tangles this time. Head back north and caught up with Harry. Got a couple of hits on the left line, but no hookups. Got to the 450 span and landed a 19" around the center piling. Around 10:30, headed for home. Great morning to be out. Below are the lures I used, the bucktail with a 5" paddle tail was the best today. 2016-04-18 11.43.19.jpg Got hits on the jig, but no hookups. Lots of chatter on the radio from boats in the bay-sounds like some people were putting some fish in their coolers. We of course were C&R.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Glad to see you had success! This past week and weekend have been amazing when it comes to weather conditions.

~Tight Lines!~
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Glad you found some fish! Wish I could have made it out with you all.....
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Wonderful morning.

Five stripers. Here's one:

Jonas 4-18-16 (4)C.jpg

Four picks. Here's one:

Jonas 4-18-16 (8)D.jpg

Two good fishing buddies:

Jonas 4-18-16 (1)A.JPG Jonas 4-18-16 (10)B.jpg
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Good job OGWLF guys! I wish I could have been with you catching striped fish. Instead I was in Sarasota Bay catching speckled fish like these.

003.jpg 003_2.jpg
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Great work
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

We had a home court advantage in the Severn today.

You scored well on the road, John.

Congrats!

Save a few for me.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
              X