Replacement Treble Hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Treble Hooks

I need to replace my hooks on my Yozurri crystal minnows and rapala xr-8. Does anyone know the sizes, is there a site on the web with this info? I cannot find any. Also, what brands are recommended? Thanks!

Tom Lagana
    www.tomlagana.net

Hi Tom,

I am in the process of replacing my treble hooks with single hooks for this season. During this process I noticed that at the bottom of Rapala's x-rap page they list the standard hook sizes that come with the series. Rapala lists the XR08 as having size 6 treble hooks. The link can be found here:

http://www.rapala.com/rapala/lures/x...s-xrap&start=1

For anyone thinking of replacing their treble hooks with single hooks, Owner Hooks makes a replacement hook that has the eye in the proper orientation to keep the hook aligned to the lure. Here is the link:

http://www.ownerhooks.com/treblehooks.htm

Good luck,
    Jack
    Red Wilderness Tarpon 120
    2014 Papaya Hobie Outback

Comment

well, i keep a tackle bin full of all different sizes, but my suggestion to you would be just take em off and label em in bags for which they go to. then take the bags to the tackle shop and chose the brand you like the most that is the same size. thats what i used to do before i kept spares
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

VMC 2X O'Shaugnessy trebles are about all I use for replacements or trebles for bait rigs. Strong and wicked sharp!

http://www.rapala.com/vmc/hooks/treb...treble&start=4

Comment

Another vote for VMC but I only use the 4x versions. I keep a plano box full of every size and just eyeball the replacement sizes. I won't fish plugs with any other hooks on them except in freshwater.
          Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
            Another vote for VMC but I only use the 4x versions. I keep a plano box full of every size and just eyeball the replacement sizes. I won't fish plugs with any other hooks on them except in freshwater.
            Come to think of it it could have been the 4X strong. For some reason I thought the last ones I bought were 3X but I couldn't find them on the web...?

Comment

Never heard of 3X but who knows. The more Xs the better! 2X hooks seem to be very weak. SP Minnows come with 2Xs and they straighten out on 30 inch fish.
              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
              X