4/16 flats. How did you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/16 flats. How did you do?

There was a few guys from the site at the tydings ramp this morning. Wanted to see if anyone did any good? I trolled 8 hours without a bite stopped twice to eat and just paddled all day. That was quite a few miles of paddling. Talked to a guy in an orange camo lure yak that caught a 30". I trolled a few lures including a tsunami shad 6", yozuri crystal floater, yellow bomber and a diawa sp minnow. Picked up a good bit of grass and saw a lot of debri. Very little boat traffic. Wind really layed down at lunch time. Water was low 50's.

I gave up on the flats about 11:30. The stripers had no love for me. I did have a shad hook up on my buck tail. Drove to Annapolis and fished BT from 3:30-5:00. I thought BT was a sure thing and it was beautiful and quiet out there, but not one hit. Maybe I needed to be there in the morning.
    Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
    2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

Comment

Anyone.... How was the water clarity, in feet, just out from Haver de Grace??
      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

No love for me today but it was a nice maiden voyage for my new trolling motor rig. I wound up venturing over by Swan Harbor to see if any bass were biting, still nada. Better luck tomorrow, I think I'll launch over at Perry Point park.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
          No love for me today but it was a nice maiden voyage for my new trolling motor rig. I wound up venturing over by Swan Harbor to see if any bass were biting, still nada. Better luck tomorrow, I think I'll launch over at Perry Point park.
          I didn't go out today, but on Thursday I got one 28" on my 11 mile paddle.
          Last edited by reel-em-in; 04-16-2016, 08:12 PM.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

I just posted this in the other thread, but don't feel bad guys, Walleye Pete was up for just a few days then left. It's not an easy place to fish. You have to put in a lot of time, and mostly, the bad days make you better. There's a ton of water up there, and they move.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
              I just posted this in the other thread, but don't feel bad guys, Walleye Pete was up for just a few days then left. It's not an easy place to fish. You have to put in a lot of time, and mostly, the bad days make you better. There's a ton of water up there, and they move.
              I don't feel bad at all. Beautiful place, great exercise, and a challenge all in one place. Plus any day off work fishing is a good day.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
                I don't feel bad at all. Beautiful place, great exercise, and a challenge all in one place. Plus any day off work fishing is a good day.
                You should feel bad. You didn't catch any fish! With that attitude you may be taking photos of sunsets for weeks :-P

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                Alan

Comment

Haha, harsh.

Comment

fishing tomorrow also

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
                    I'm planning to launch at Perry Point Park tomorrow also. I have never been there. Is there anything I should know about the launch?

Comment

Took advantage of rare calm winds from the N. And fished Point Lookout. Trolled 2 mini umbrella for 3 hours and nothing. Decided to cast the riprap at the point and scored a 19". Beautiful day to paddle and didn't get skunked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

I'll be heading out tomorrow on the lower susquehanna. If I don't find any rockfish I'll go up river and target shad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        Jayce
                        2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
                        2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

Comment

Well I guess I will consider myself lucky. I'm in a motel ready to fish the flats tomorrow but I was in Annapolis today and had the pleasure of running into and meeting a nice young man that got me on some fish. I'll post over in the other thread about fishing this weekend so I don't derail this one.
                          2016 Hobie Outback Limited #220
                          2016 Jackson Cuda 12
                          2015 Emotion 11 Stealth Angler

Comment

You guys make it seem like not catching fish is a big deal. Happens to me on a frequent basis!
                            I need a good paddling

Motorized 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                            Garmin Echomap 93sv
                            RIP, favorite St. Croix Rod

Comment

Guess I have to chime in. Was on the flats yesterday, when the north winds started picking up around 10:30-11:00 I headed it. Saw very few larger marks on the FF, saw some bait balls around the weather buoy. Had one really good rod bend, and then it was over. Beautiful day but no fish to brag about.
                              Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                              Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
                              X