4/16 flats. How did you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
    You should feel bad. You didn't catch any fish! With that attitude you may be taking photos of sunsets for weeks :-P
    I did get one! Which seems to be my typical. Lol. Plus if you let me borrow that torquedo of yours maybe I can cover 20 miles like you instead of 11 with my lowly paddle :-P

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Being honest, I spent 4 hrs Friday evening on the Flats with an old friend with no fish to show. But it was some of the most enjoyable "fishing" Ive done in a very long time! There were a bunch of contributing factors. Weather, conversation, reminiscing and sharing live experiences( I am 40 now and being able to spend time with someone that you realize 20 years later might just have been one of the most influential people in live is pretty awesome).

For kicks I casted a surface plug as we drifted across a few shallow areas. After about 20 mins I realized, I was just reeling my popper straight back in(no popping). I had completely forgot what I was doing. At that point I decided to sit down and just enjoy being out! We did put a good bit of effort in finding fish, but coming up empty handed wasn't even a realization until we loaded his boat and shook hands! Oh well!

We did manage to raise one schoolie and 1 follower shad.

Also remember being blown away, standing on the front deck of his flats style duck boat. The ability to look out at your fishing grounds, seeing fish move, seeing structure and being able to map out a plan.....man i do miss that! Sometimes I feel like I am stuck staring at my FF/GPS while fishing in my yak, the different perspective was enjoyable! The Idea of sight casting with surface plugs again....

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
        I'm planning to launch at Perry Point Park tomorrow also. I have never been there. Is there anything I should know about the launch?
        Sorry didn't see your post until this am. I wound up launching at North East park instead so I presume you found out what you wanted to know. I should have launched at PP park though the wind came up and made things a tad difficult. I did catch a couple of bass though.

Comment

It's been tough fishing for stripeys out there. We threw for hours the other afternoon. I caught a 27# on a thunderstick. That was our only hit of the day. We used to catch dozens/day out there. Not sure what is going on. Water temp is good...it should be game on.?
          Native Slayer 12
          Native Ultimate

Comment

Got to Perry point at 6:45, gate was locked, sign said open at 7:30, fortunately they opened the gate at 7:00. Found out my battery was dead. Did some blind trolling and got a 21" two more loops around and 2 more just like it. later got 2 smaller fish and that was it. Beautiful day on the water.

Comment

Working...
            X