My PB Striper from my kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PB Striper from my kayak

Not very big compared to what I see on here but it's a PB for me. It pulled me in two full circles so that was a new experience for me. As a side note I wanted everyone to see my "current anchor" that I carry. I have a regular kayak anchor that I use when I am in a areas with minimal current. When I fish a river I am overly cautious with anchoring as I have heard horror stories about guys getting turtled due to poor anchor management. I took one of my wife's 5 lb dumbbells and tied it to a piece of nylon rope. I tied a piece of pool noodle to the other end. When I anchor (usually to retie or get my bearings or a drink of water or whatever) I drop the weight and hold the rope with my foot against the foot hold. I don't even fast cleat it. If anything weird happens I just release it and paddle back around and grab my float. This came in handy twice last year when I was on a river. River currents are so deceiving. (last piece of advice: You should probably tell your wife BEFORE you make her weight into an anchor....)

bigstriper.JPG
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

It was a good night by my standards. This is a bad pic of my PB that came an hour before my new PB pictured above. I panic to get these fish back in the water as fast as possible so my photo quality suffers.
    IMG_2499.JPG

Comment

Excellent job! Those are some nice fish. Keep at it!

Comment

Thank you. The advice I have gotten on here has been priceless. My first time in a kayak was 7/14. I learn something every time I go out.
        Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
        Excellent job! Those are some nice fish. Keep at it!

Comment

Congrats Mike on the PB!!! You are the river rat
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Congrats!
            2018 Hobie Compass

Comment

Nice job bud!! clearly, you are taking the lessons to heart
              Bruce

Hobie PA 14
              Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Congrats on your PB.
                Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Thanks. I wish I took better pics. Some pictures on here look like they were taken a photographer. I am a minimalist so I just carry my phone, no GoPro on the yak.

Comment

Originally posted by Backdoc View Post
                    Thanks. I wish I took better pics. Some pictures on here look like they were taken a photographer. I am a minimalist so I just carry my phone, no GoPro on the yak.
                    Lol. I ran into the same issue the other day. I have a cheap waterproof handheld ( basically a phone camera minus the phone) and I couldn't get a decent picture of my new PB either. Definately not easy. I'd be interesed on how people best take photos for CPR tournaments. You at least got the whole fish in the picture! That's better than I did.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
                      Lol. I ran into the same issue the other day. I have a cheap waterproof handheld ( basically a phone camera minus the phone) and I couldn't get a decent picture of my new PB either. Definately not easy. I'd be interesed on how people best take photos for CPR tournaments. You at least got the whole fish in the picture! That's better than I did.
                      Sort of. Look at the second picture I have in the first comment.

Comment

Nice fish Backdoc

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
                          Nice fish Backdoc
                          Thanks

Comment

Working...