Catch & Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch & Release

I received in the mail today what appears to be the best deep hook removal tool I've ever used. Haven't tried it yet, so I'll update later, but I can tell it's a keeper. Solid stainless steel and $24.99 isn't bad on price either. It's a Baker HookOut. Hopefully this will aid in those uncomfortable deep hookups and release the fish as quickly as possible for the best chance of survival. Especially important this time of year!

2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Catch & Release

I have one of those and but I prefer this: https://dehooker4arc.com I have difficulty getting that one on the hook of a flopping fish. I can never seem to get it in position to get the hook out easily. Hopefully it will be successful for you. I can't get the knack with it.

As for the arc, it's available in 4 sizes, I currently have two but will probably be buying the broom handle version this summer.

Ready

Set

Go

I have also had success with these guys. In my expierence these are the most difficult things to unhook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willf650; 04-15-2016, 11:12 PM.
    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

How do those work with treble hooks?
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Catch & Release

I haven't used it on a treble hook but don't think it would work well. The way it works is you slide it over the hook and into the bend of the hook and pop the hook out. The hook point then tucks in against the shaft of the tool and follows it out of the fishes mouth.

A treble would snag on one of the other hooks on the way out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Last edited by willf650; 04-16-2016, 06:54 PM.
        1980 Something Old Town Canoe
        2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
        2015 Coosa HD
        2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
        2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Working...
        X