May 14 Meet and Greet official sign up thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 22Tango View Post
    So is there a consensus on from where most people will launch?
    I know folks are launching from both locations, but I am going to launch at the paved concrete ramps at the Roosevelt Inlet. You can fish the inlet or if the current and tides are ok, venture into the bay. Cape Henlopen, Roosevlet Inlet and Delaware Paddle Sports are only a few minutes apart from each other driving.

Comment

Looking at the map one more time I think I'm going to look for some beach wheels to put on my existing universal kart. It's a 2.5 miles stretch from the Inlet to Ferry Wall which isn't horrible, but I'd like to scratch that off the list if possible. Speaking off.. does anyone have a link for store that carries just the beach wheels?
      Last edited by jsnyd86; 04-28-2016, 02:39 PM.
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
        Looking at the map one more time I think I'm going to look for some beach wheels to put on my existing universal kart. It's a 2.5 miles stretch from the Inlet to Ferry Wall which isn't horrible, but I'd like to scratch that off the list if possible. Speaking off.. does anyone have a link for store that carries just the beach wheels?
        Those bad boys are really wide, whats your axle diameter and length. I also have a Wheeleze aluminum kayak cart with 30cm tires that I could give you a deal on.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
          Those bad boys are really wide, whats your axle diameter and length. I also have a Wheeleze aluminum kayak cart with 30cm tires that I could give you a deal on.
          Yea I think I'm finding out they won't work. My axle diameter is 3/4 of an inch and the length is 3". I may just grind it out with the rubber tires. I have a Revo anyway and I'm planning to pack pretty light. Worse things have happened. Thanks though!
          -Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

Count me in for fishing and lunch. I'll probably launch from the cape. I saw a YouTube video on DIY sand tires using foam and yard trailer tubes from Lowe's.
            PigPen - Mt Airy
            Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I would like to ask about a decent, non-bank-breaking motel; and proximity to DE Paddle Sports....
              I plan to make both, fishing and lunch. Being unfamiliar with the area, I would prefer to launch at DPS, and paddle from there for flounder and whatever else besides bugs, choosing to bite.
              Cheers.
              DaveO
              Arnold/Annapolis
              Yellow Tarpon 140

Comment

May 14 Meet and Greet official sign up thread

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
                I would like to ask about a decent, non-bank-breaking motel; and proximity to DE Paddle Sports....
                I plan to make both, fishing and lunch. Being unfamiliar with the area, I would prefer to launch at DPS, and paddle from there for flounder and whatever else besides bugs, choosing to bite.
                Cheers.
                Delaware Paddle Sports is on the south bound side of the highway as you enter Lewes. Your not launching there as it is probably 4 miles from RI and 10 from CHSP. I suspect your thinking about a different store as it isn't located on the water.
                1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                2015 Coosa HD
                2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Here is the list I have so far.
                  If I have missed anyone let me know

Donnie Roberts
                  M Duong60
                  wood yak
                  Steve S
                  Don V + 1
                  Medicyaker
                  MikeMike
                  Dave O
                  Plastic boat
                  Moc
                  Salty dog broken rudder cable ?
                  Yakscientist + 1
                  Mbea
                  Baitball
                  Coop1486
                  22Tango
                  Pigpen
                  Yak 67
                  Babiak
                  Whenican
                  jsnyd86
                  wall-e no lunch
                  Last edited by plastic boat; 05-13-2016, 06:40 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
                    Cheers.
                    Not many motels in Lewes, check out hotels in Rehoboth. Launch areas are Roosevelt Inlet or Cape Henlopen State Park. You could also possibly launch from the old ramp in the Lewes canal. Check the maps at the beginning of this post.
                    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I believe kitkatkayaker is in for this M&G as well.

Comment

Do we want to try and split who is launching where or figure that out on the ground? I will be putting in at CHSP
                        Ride 135 Green
                        Big Tuna Orange
                        12ft Bote HD
                        Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

I'm probably launching at CHSP if the weather and waves don't look too gnarly.

Comment

Roosevelt Inlet launch for me but I will need directions since I've never fished there before.

Comment

I'll be joining for launch and lunch. I plan to launch from Roosevelt Inlet.
                              Mike
                              2012 Hobie Outback - Olive
                              2012 Hobie Revo 13 - Sand

Comment

So I know it's still a week and a half away, but weather forecast is looking much nicer on Sunday. Winds from 15-25 mph Saturday and rainy, and Sunday much calmer winds and sunny. Still 70ish both days. Would you consider moving the M&G if the forecast for Saturday still looks bad in a few days, maybe moving it to sunday? If so, when would you make the call? Or would we just brave the weather and fish inside the inlet or somewhere more sheltered?

Comment

Working...
                                X