No announcement yet.

May 14 Meet and Greet official sign up thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for all the tips, looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, either at the launch points or at DPS. Don't be shy about reporting any activity over the vhf, i know i won't be

Comment

Originally posted by willf650 View Post
      You can get there as early as you want. The road to the fishing pier is before the gate that is locked until 8am. 24 hour access to the pier and the launching area adjacent to it. I've been there at sun up several times and have never heard anything for it.
      Thanks.

Comment

Hey All, I'm a late add, but I'll be out there tomorrow as well with a few folks, and for lunch. Thanks in advance DPS!

Comment

Looking forward to tomorrow, looks like the wind and rain should cooperate. Could anyone who is down in Lewes today give an update on the water clarity? With the sporadic rain, wanted to check if it is too cloudy for artificials.
          Ride 135 Green
          Big Tuna Orange
          12ft Bote HD
          Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

Water clarity in the Dbay yesterday a little further north was chocolate milk from shore to about a 1/4 mile out. Cleaner water farther out there. Don't know if it would be that dirty in CHSP. More rain/storms coming this afternoon.
            Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks Romo, I'll make sure to have some bait ready. Did you have any luck farther north?
              Ride 135 Green
              Big Tuna Orange
              12ft Bote HD
              Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

Going to have to cancel for tomorrow, rudder cord broke on my LE n waiting for new to come in. Good luck to all tomorrow
                Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                  Going to have to cancel for tomorrow, rudder cord broke on my LE n waiting for new to come in. Good luck to all tomorrow
                  get some masonry line from the depot, will hold up for a while
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                    get some masonry line from the depot, will hold up for a while

Inspect the areas where the rudder cord rubs for burrs. Its unusual for a rudder line to break so quickly. I have had a 2007 outback sold it in 2012 and only went through 1 rudder line. And it was because of a burr
                    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

I think Im planning on going tomorrow to fish CHSP. What time is everyone launching? Im thinking 7am for myself
                      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Hey all. Im confirmed for fishing and probably lunch. Thinking Im going to launch 7:30 from boat launch. Look forward to meeting everyone.
                        WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
                          I think Im planning on going tomorrow to fish CHSP. What time is everyone launching? Im thinking 7am for myself
                          Most people just launch when the get there, don't wait around and waste valuable fishing time

Comment

I think from what I read a lot of folks will be launching between 7 and 8 a.m. Many of you will be getting off the water between 12 and 1 p.m. Delaware paddle Sports will expect us between 1:30 and 2 p.m. they will have a popup canopy tent behind the store for us and don't forget to bring your camping chairs.

Comment

I stopped by DPS earlier today when I got in. They said the best fishing for blues has been in the morning, though it's been hit or miss. The water clarity has gotten better and was a foot or two this morning. See everyone out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              -Jon
                              Revo 13

Comment

Thinking I will probably launch at 7 maybe a little before at the beach. Looking forward to seeing everyone either there or at lunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X