No announcement yet.

May 14 Meet and Greet official sign up thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in for both and I'll launch from CHSP. I picked up a scupper hole cart from DSP with wheeleez and it made all the difference. I tried a C-tug with extensions in the past but the sand was still too soft for it. The wheeleez are awesome and made it supper easy to move all my gear in a single trip even at low tide.
    Ride 135 Green
    Big Tuna Orange
    12ft Bote HD
    Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

Jeff (aka plastic boat),

I'm excited about this M&G, but never having been to the area, I'm concerned I'm going to spend precious time figuring out where to be and what gear/strategy to employ before I have to get out of the water in time to make lunch.

Thank you for the extensive and detailed account of what gear and strategies you use in your previous post, I will be adjusting my tackle accordingly.

I have a request. In the spirit of camaraderie, would it be too much to ask for you to post a map of some sort for a general sense of the areas you are referencing? I'm not asking for you to give away any coordinates, secret spots, or special honey holes, just something that will help those of us driving three-hours+ with our pre-game map study so that we can make the most of our time in Delaware - while avoiding those dangerous areas of ripping current you mentioned.

Thanks!
      -manny

Hobie Outback
      Wilderness Systems 130T
      Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Presentation1.jpgPresentation1.jpg

The attached rough PPT doesn't blow any spots but gives a idea of the major structure that are being referenced.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by babiak; 04-21-2016, 10:11 AM.
        Ride 135 Green
        Big Tuna Orange
        12ft Bote HD
        Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

Here is a map just of our three locations for the day:

Roosevelt Inlet (concrete ramp launch)
          Cape Henlopen State Park (beach launch)
          Delaware Paddle Sports (lunch and shop if you like)

Most Meet and Greets only have one launch spot that is promoted, but this Meet and Greet will have two. Since Jeff stepped into the role of host, he decided for a location change, instead of cancelling another Meet and Greet. We wanted to provide a free launch option in the general area. Like Jeff said, you are free to launch at either locations. There will be Snaggedliners launching at both. As the date approaches, Jeff will provide more information. Make sure that you let him know if you are going to lunch, provided free by Delaware Paddle Sports. We would like to give them an accurate count on the amount of participants.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by moc; 04-20-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I'm in for fishing & lunch. Dunno where I will launch just yet.
            I look forward to seeing everyone.

Comment

Thanks babiak and moc, I appreciate the map postings. This will help.
              -manny

Hobie Outback
              Wilderness Systems 130T
              Hobie Outfitter

Comment

lewes fishing area.jpg
                I tried to make a link directly to google Earth but thats not working for me. So this a copy and paste attempt. Try looking on google earth and matching up the pins I have on this map
                Last edited by plastic boat; 04-20-2016, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plastic boat View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]18780[/ATTACH]
                  I tried to make a link directly to google Earth but thats not working for me. So this a copy and paste attempt. Try looking on google earth and matching up the pins I have on this map
                  Thanks Jeff, this is great! I appreciate you taking the time to put this together.
                  -manny

Hobie Outback
                  Wilderness Systems 130T
                  Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Thanks for all the great info. I've never been myself and this helps give me an idea of what to bring. I'm going to plan on driving up Friday evening and stay the weekend, but I noticed everything is booked? Is anyone interested in splitting a site if you've already got one?

If you do please PM me. I have my own camping stuff and I can split the cost of the site with you. I also have a large catch bag we can use and a radio.
                    Last edited by jsnyd86; 04-21-2016, 12:35 PM.
                    -Jon
                    Revo 13

Comment

Hi - I would like to join fishing as well, but unfortunately can't stay for lunch. I would launch the kayak (Ocean Trident 13) at the Boat ramp.

Thanks,
                      Adam

Comment

This M & G is shaping up nicely.
                        14 coming and 2 maybe

Comment

May 14 Meet and Greet official sign up thread

I'm the tournament director for the Delaware Paddlesports tournament series. We have a tournament the next weekend if anyone is interested. Wyoming lake and moores lake. Food is included in the entry fee of $30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by BeyondTheBounds; 04-27-2016, 08:27 PM.
                          Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
                          Tarpon 120
                          Ascend D10T

Personal bests
                          25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
                          Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

I hate to not be decisive as I hate people like that myself. Put me down as a maybe for both the meet and greet and lunch.

I ordered a car trailer for my Jeep and it was supposed to be 6 weeks out. The weekend of the 14th is only 4 weeks build time so there is a 90% probability it won't be done. Normally I wouldn't care and would leave it sit at the dealers lot but if its in but I need it for rock crawling the 21st. Lame excuse but its all I have and the dealer is 2 hrs away so Saturdays are the only time I can swing up there.

If I make it I will be launching from Cape Henlopen and will ride down the morning of.
                            1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                            2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                            2015 Coosa HD
                            2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                            2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

So is there a consensus on from where most people will launch?
                              Hobie Revo 13 (w/ graffiti removed)
                              Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

having launched from CHSP before and knowing how much of a pain it is if you dont have a set of beach wheels, i will be trying out the roosevelt inlet launch as mentioned. assuming that is just a regular paved boat launch, it will be much less of a pain
                                Michael
                                2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
                                Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Working...
                                X