Hobie First Cast - Guided Kayak Fishing Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie First Cast - Guided Kayak Fishing Trips

To anyone who is interested in fishing the Eastern Shore of MD, cutting down on your learning curve, trying out a Hobie (or two) and spending a great day on the water, this might be for you....

Survival Products in Salisbury MD will be offering guided fishing trips as part of the Hobie First Cast program. The First Cast program is a program Hobie rolled out last year to get interested kayak anglers in a Hobie kayak. The cost of the trip is $100 per person and we will take up to 5 anglers. Included in your $100 is a 5-hour guided fishing trip, the opportunity to try multiple Hobie kayaks (typically we will bring a Revo, Outback, and a PA), all of your rods/reels/tackle, and a catered lunch (subs and a soft drink from a local Deli). Ill will meet you at the launch location so all you have to do is show up and be ready to fish! We have preselected a few dates, but are open to impromptu dates also. We are licensed and insured as well. The times of the trips are based on the optimal tide for that location, but can also be changed if the group would like that.

If you choose to purchase a Hobie kayak, the cost of the trip will be deducted from the cost of the boat. Considering almost all retailers charge some demo or rental fee, this is an excellent deal! Lunch and a guided trip for a little more than a demo would cost is hard to beat. Hopefully some of you are interested!

Below are the preselected dates throughout the summer. Target species will be stripers, speckled trout, and puppy drum (if they are around). You will need to provide your own license, but you can keep what you catch.

Preselected Dates
    April 24th- 1:00PM-6:00PM
    May 28th - 1:00PM-6:00PM
    June 12th - 1:00PM-6:00PM
    July 10th - 1:00PM-6:00PM
    August 7th - 2:00PM-7:00PM

Once again, if another date works better for you or you would like to put together a custom trip for another target species, please let me know and we can work something out!

Please either send me a comment on this thread or email Joe at Survival Products jpagliaro@rommelusa.com if you are interested.
    Last edited by RavensDfense; 04-14-2016, 07:42 PM. Reason: Provided contact info

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Sounds great Doug, I hope you don't mind me posting to the CBKA facebook page as well.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

This is great. I will probably take you up on one of those later trips. Any chance of running over to OC for an offshore trip for some wreck fishing, or maybe mahi-mahi if they've been catching them within a few miles from shore? Obviously this is a bit of a pipe dream, I know they come within a few miles of shore in obx during the summer, no idea about OC. Plus I assume the 5 hours might need to be extended by a couple more, and cost as well, I would imagine.

Comment

I wish we had Mahi within kayak range here, but unfortunately they are too far to target in a kayak. We won't be taking people through the OC inlet as part of these trips. It is too crowded and dangerous of a trip for an inexperienced angler and without knowing the skill level of each person it would be too dangerous. Flounder would be a possibility if someone wanted to go that route, but it would be an inshore trip. I hope to see you on a later trip. Topwater stripers in summer are a blast!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
          Sounds great Doug, I hope you don't mind me posting to the CBKA facebook page as well.
          Thanks for sharing this. We're pretty excited about it and hope it generates some interest!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

The weather for this weekends trip looks great! We have a few spots left. Please let Joe at Survival know if you are interested.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Hi all,
              I am just bumping this up to the top. Our July date for this weekend is already filled as it booked up extremely fast, but we still have a few spots left for our August date! If you are interested, get your name on the list soon before it fills up. The topwater bite is on now and things will only pick up as we head into August!

For more details about the trip, see the first post in this thread....

Thanks!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I can personally vouch for how helpful Doug is during these trips, and how great of an experience they are. Hopefully the August one fills up soon. I might even have to get a spot.

Comment

I appreciate the endorsement, Patrick!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                  2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

if anyone backs out of the July 10 please let me know

Comment

I certainly will!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

How'd you guys do?

Comment

Much tougher this time out. Tons of floating grass from the dredgers and the week of high temps had the water temps pushing 95 degrees in the shallows. The guys were great though. They hung tough and I hope they learned some techniques that can be applied later on when things return to normal.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Ah well the techniques I learned certainly helped me out a lot. Trolling 1 rod only last Saturday, was able to bring in around 30 rockfish from various spots along poplar island and just behind it. Being able to pedal while having your hands free is very nice, but I managed to do pretty well just paddle trolling, and I'm hoping my success continues this Saturday on the severn.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                              Ah well the techniques I learned certainly helped me out a lot. Trolling 1 rod only last Saturday, was able to bring in around 30 rockfish from various spots along poplar island and just behind it. Being able to pedal while having your hands free is very nice, but I managed to do pretty well just paddle trolling, and I'm hoping my success continues this Saturday on the severn.
                              That's awesome, man! I'm glad you were able to put the info to good use. Even though our last trip didn't produce the fish that I wanted; that's fishing sometimes. Hopefully they took that info and can use it in a few weeks when our speckled trout show back up.

We do have a trip on the August 7th. For that trip, we will likely focus away from the salt and target snakeheads and LMB. However, if the specks show back up early, then we'll be hitting the salt once again.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X