Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Mayo Beach Park Public Open Days

Hello all,

We just learned the details of the 2016 Public Open Days at Mayo Beach Park. The details are at the end of this email. I calendared each date as an event on the Anne Arundel Public Water Access Committee Facebook Page and that's where we'll post any updates.

16 Public Open Days is a good start for public access at this public park. Two years ago very few people knew it existed. This public park has had millions of public tax dollars poured into it and it's past time the general public got some bang for its tax buck.

Thanks!

Lisa
    ============

Mayo Beach Park is a public county park - come jump in the water here in 2016!

Enjoy *your* beautiful beach at Mayo Beach Park south of Annapolis during the 2016 Public Open Days! The Public Open Days are FREE and open to the general public. Bring your kids and your grandkids and a picnic and have a great day at this county-owned public beach. Go to the beach without having to cross the Bay Bridge! The park is open from 11 am to 5 pm.

2016 Public Open Days: 5/30; 6/5, 6/12, 6/19; 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31; 8/7, 8/14, 8/21; 9/5, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25

This county-owned public park is sadly only rarely open to the general public. Mayo Beach has wide sand beaches, a bath house, a playground, a softball field, parking for hundreds of cars and a pavilion that is usually rented out for weddings. Bring your canoe, kayak or stand-up paddleboard and launch from the beach. Bring your binoculars and find the birds that live in the huge tidal pond behind the park. Enjoy YOUR public park.

No alcohol and please leash your dog.

Anne Arundel Public Water Access Committee Facebook Events: https://www.facebook.com/aapwac/events

Mayo Beach Park website: http://www.aacounty.org/locations-an...ayo-beach-park

Nice to know Lisa! I've always like that park. Decades ago, it was a daily fee park.

I may have mentioned this at one point, but we had about 200 people there for my high school reunion in Oct of 2011. They charged us $1,500 to rent the facility; catering, music and libations were extra. We had lousy weather, 40 degrees and misting the entire time. The option to stay warm inside came in handy.

Thank you again for all your efforts at opening up these public parks!

Comment

I second Fishinfool. Thank you for your efforts and for keeping us informed.

Comment

Thx for the info, Lisa!

Comment

You're welcome, and thanks backatcha for the support. All those emails and photos made the difference.

This afternoon is the ribbon cutting for the Fort Smallwood Park boat ramp, the first county-owned public boat ramp. I don't yet know the operations details.

Lisa

Comment

Working...
          X