7/11 Baybridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/11 Baybridge

Went out with Yak Fisher(josh) and my buddy Matt and fished the eastside pilings. Caught our spot fairly quickly in 9-14' of water and hit the pilings. Caught 2 rock 1 @ 22'' and one 30''. After catching the 30'' a charter boat moved in on me and the clients decided i was a good target i guess they wanted me to move. This led to my first Kayak vs. Charter boat fight. If i moved in on there spot they would be mad but if they move in on me its ok? Here are a few pictures:

Last pic is a lure splashing in on me, im reviewing the video to find some of the closer ones.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

nice catch. charter boats no longer need radios or sonar, just follow pinch
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah that's about where we were hitting them on Sunday. I couldn't get any spot though, only perch. I tried BB west side out of SPSP today in the afternoon, but didn't get anything.
      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

This convinced me to make the BB trip this Friday...

Comment

Got to love those guys! Forgot to tell you that those are their pilings!

It's ridiculous what the guys on boats do sometimes. I have had people hit the pilings next to me with a jig and not even apologize. Others will rev their engine when they leave to try and send me into the piling with their wake. Nothing better than catching fish right in front of them. If you're working some pilings they have no problem running their engine and banging their anchor around, but if you take a cast at the other side of their pilings they will flip out. Oh well, there is usually other space out there that you can find.

Good job on the fishing! Live-lining is addictive...
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Nice work, Jack. You guys are killing me with all those 30-inchers. I thought the Solomons charters were bad, but that might take the cake.
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

they fight hard the 30'' took me 5 minutes to untie him outta the pilings thank god i had good braided line
              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Great job on getting them again. Did you launch from Terrapin beach again? I'm thinking about heading to the bridge after work on Thursday but I'm going to stick on the west side and launch from SPSP. I want to try the rock piles this time.

Next time paddle up and piss on his boat. or shoot a flair over his bow as a warning shot. If you got a really sharp knife cut his anchor line but you better be able to paddle fast.

All joking aside its a shame when that happens. Unfortunately its David vs Goliath when it comes to the boats out there. They are bigger and faster and think they can push us around.

Comment

here is a better picture of the 30'' this is matt holding it, ill try to get him on this forum soon. The eyes of the fish really stand out to me.

Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

WTG Pinch!
                    GB

Comment

nice fish! you guys are tearing it up.
                      Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Nice job, Jack! You guys are getting me to think about making the trek out there. Especially if the jig bite continues. I don't take them so won't do the LL thing and take a chance at gut hooking...

Too bad about the charter guy. Like Mike said it's David vs Goliath and not much we can do. Except maybe tuck up closer to the piling where they can't go.

Comment

Working...
                        X