Rocky Gorge Photo Report - 4/10/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge Photo Report - 4/10/16

Very nice job! What presentation were you using?
    Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
    Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
    Northern Pike: 24 inches
    Crappie: 12 inches
    Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Originally posted by perchy View Post
      Very nice job! What presentation were you using?
      +1 on that.

How'd you catch those fish?

They're impressive.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks guys. Chatterbait, shallow, in the sun. Get out there guys! In a few weeks the mules will be harder to catch. Vibration in the stained water.

Comment

Thank you.

I've never used a chatterbait. I've seen many reports here of success with them.

Might be time to try one!
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I'm sure a chatterbait with a fat sam trailer would catch stripers too. It's basically a big jig with a funny shaped blade that makes it wobble on the retrieve. If you ever go to fish Mattawoman Creek or Mallows Bay, I've done pretty good with the chatterbait there as well. I've been basically casting the chatterbait close to shore, near downed trees, near rocks, and let it fall and hit bottom. Then a slow retrieve back. If a bass is nearby, it will eat it.

Comment

that big one is a great looking bass! fat & healthy, well done Tom
              Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Thanks Dave. When they get that big, the lower jaw is really thick. The fish was heavy and solid. I'm used to catching micro-smallies and 14 inch bass. haha

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                  Thanks guys. Chatterbait, shallow, in the sun. Get out there guys! In a few weeks the mules will be harder to catch. Vibration in the stained water.
                  by the way, I am counting on you to stay on them postspawn so that I can head over to the Gorge and cherry pick!
                  Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Dave, you know that I have no clue what I'm doing out there on the water, right? haha. I think catching bigger fish so far is just a matter of the time of year. Pre-spawn bigg-uns are looking for something to eat. I keep hoping that a pike or striper will grab my lure at some point. I'm tempted to try Triadelphia for some walleyes, but don't want to mess up the Rocky Gorge mojo.

Comment

Nice job. I tried tridelphia Friday because I live 5 min up the road. Wind was howling tried some shallow coves with square bills and points with crankbaits. Nada. Warmest water temp I found was 51. Might try rocky gorge next look for some shallow sunny warm water..

Comment

Assuming the weather holds, I am going to hit RG this Thursday, Friday, and hopefully Saturday. I am going to run a chatterbait on one rod, a t-rigged senko on a second, a small paddle tail on the third, and will bring an L action for Ned rigs and panfish.

Anyone know what the water temp is there? Forgoing the morning coffee due to waders is becoming a pain, so excited to ditch them for the summer!
                        Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                        Lime Slayer 10

Comment

50-53 on Brighton dam water flow site.

Comment

Thanks! That is so close to being warm enough to skip the waders.
                            Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                            Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Great job Tom, the LMB gods have been smiling down on you for the last couple of weeks. Could not happen to a nicer guy, keep it up, the posts are great.
                              John

Cuda 12
                              F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

Working...
                              X