Artificial eels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artificial eels

I know that live lining eels is prohibited during the trophy season but can you use lures that look like eels?

Tom Lagana
    www.tomlagana.net

I would think you can. It's an artificial lire, not a bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Lagana View Post
      I know that live lining eels is prohibited during the trophy season but can you use lures that look like eels?

Tom Lagana
      www.tomlagana.net
      Absolutely. You can also use Gulp eels.
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
        Absolutely. You can also use Gulp eels.
        I was actually reading about those recently and apparently they're a very good alternative to live eels. I'm going to give them a go here soon.
        Zack
        Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
        Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
        "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Last Sat I experimented with a plastic strip that vaguely simulates an eel. I used a 14" piece of plastic that is the backbone left over from injection molding of a batch of soft plastics. I pulled it on a 3/4-oz jighead. Over two hours, I did not get any bites of that lure. But I have caught fish on shorter pieces of plastic backbone in other years.

002.jpg
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I have never caught a rock on the Gulp eel. But once I got a few good hits.

It was late April, trolling slow and deep along the channel edge about a mile off Breezy Point.

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Hey Tom Here is a Video of me using the Gulp Eels for the First time a couple of years ago. I like them they produced 2 nice rocks for me that day, but shelf life is short.
              https://youtu.be/G-YTYxJUmZU

Comment

The only time i use artificial eels are for cobia, other than that ive caught plenty of blues on them.
                Native Watercraft Pro Staff
                2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
                33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
                2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

I was thinking of using some off the shelf tube baits that imitate eels I saw at BPS but I read the regulations to state "no stinger or trailing hooks" until after April 15. All of those red and green rigs I saw have 2 hooks and I didn't want to be out of regulation. I figure they have this regulation during catch and release season so we don't gut hook a fish that we can't harvest.
                  Am I way off the mark on my understanding of the regulations or can we use those tube rigs I'm talking about or use 2 hooks on an artificial eel?

Comment

Yes you can its one lure ..trout streams whole diff regulations

Comment

Working...
                    X