Best Day Ever...Skunked..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Day Ever...Skunked..

No fish today but that really wasn't the point. I finally got my daughter out on the water. We put in at Mariner Point to be protected from the wind and any currents. We worked on paddling and basic safety measures. She did great. We even threw some plastics and Annika had a strike near some piers but missed the fish. Annika loved it and is looking forward to fishing with me more this season. I am looking forward to the white perch run so she can experience the non stop action. Thanks again to the fellow snaggedliner who made this possible.

annikayak.jpg
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

That's great. I hope you can keep her interest in kayaking for a long time.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

The expression on her face tells the story.

Comment

That is absolutely awesome!! I love her smile
        Bruce

Hobie PA 14
        Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by Backdoc View Post
          No fish today but that really wasn't the point. I finally got my daughter out on the water. We put in at Mariner Point to be protected from the wind and any currents. We worked on paddling and basic safety measures. She did great. We even threw some plastics and Annika had a strike near some piers but missed the fish. Annika loved it and is looking forward to fishing with me more this season. I am looking forward to the white perch run so she can experience the non stop action. Thanks again to the fellow snaggedliner who made this possible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18660[/ATTACH]
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Too cool!!
            Harlan

Revo 13
            Trident 13
            Cuda 14
            Necky Tandem

Comment

That is the best!!!
              http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
              484-459-9863
              If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
              *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

That smile will be part of memories that will last forever.
                Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Fantastic!!!! I hope we can get more daughters involved. My best memories are the ones of me and my dad fishing. I thank him and The Lord for what ever my first fish catch of the season is because I know he had "something" to do with it. I'm not trying to get too deep but I wanted to impress upon you the importance of it. Even at my age, now.
                  2015 Outback
                  2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X