Possible closure of Severn River tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible closure of Severn River tomorrow

I had not heard about this until a few minutes ago -- I saw it posted on Tidalfish this evening. I don't know if it is an April Fool's joke or the real deal. I personally have been pushed out of sections of the river by the Coast Guard before. I was in the orange kayak a few hundred yards out from Jonas Green.

chased by Coast Guard.jpg

Here is the Tidalfish post: "FYI if you were planning to fish in the Severn tomorrow. we were out today and USNA and Coast guard made announcements that the Navy was doing annual MOB training and the coast guard would have the Severn shut down from 11am-2pm from 450 bridge out to mouth I think is what I heard."

In any case, if you had planned to fish in the outer section of the Seven River tomorrow, make sure you are back to the 450 bridge by 11:00. Also it would be a good idea to monitor channel 16 on your VHF.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Thanks John for the heads up.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I had not heard about this until a few minutes ago -- I saw it posted on Tidalfish this evening. I don't know if it is an April Fool's joke or the real deal. I personally have been pushed out of sections of the river by the Coast Guard before. I was in the orange kayak a few hundred yards out from Jonas Green.

chased by Coast Guard.jpg

John,

When I saw your photo I thought of this photo:

tiananmen.jpg

I'm glad the outcome (for you) was better.
      Last edited by Mark; 04-01-2016, 09:41 PM.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Safety At Sea Seminar April 2-3 Real Deal Severn River off Trident Point

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18615[/ATTACH]

Here is the Tidalfish post: "FYI if you were planning to fish in the Severn tomorrow. we were out today and USNA and Coast guard made announcements that the Navy was doing annual MOB training and the coast guard would have the Severn shut down from 11am-2pm from 450 bridge out to mouth I think is what I heard."

In any case, if you had planned to fish in the outer section of the Seven River tomorrow, make sure you are back to the 450 bridge by 11:00. Also it would be a good idea to monitor channel 16 on your VHF.

Here are the dates from the Safety At Sea Seminar website.......I think it includes a demo of helicopter lift rescue
        April 2nd and 3rd, 2016

Comment

Working...
        X