Shore Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shore Report

I managed to get out today and hit the area near Fletcher's Boathouse.
    As usual, an adventure negotiating DC traffic to get there.
    There is a new traffic signal right at the entrance to take most of the terror out of exiting the driveway.
    Yay!

The strong wind wind blowing up the river was a problem. It put a big belly in my braided line, I didn't always have contact with my lures and missed a bunch of strikes.

I was able to find some fish. Enough to come home smelly and tired. The cats are avoiding me as they don't like shad stink, not a bad thing. Several were females 22-24", big and full of roe.

I was using the tandem shad dart rig John Veil mentions in his new book: two darts tied to a split ring, a 1/16 oz. dart on a 28-32" leader, and a 1/8 oz.dart on a 12-15" leader.
    The hot color, today, was lemon-lime. Yellow chartreuse body, dark green chartreuse head, green Krystal flash tail.

And it's only gonna get better over the next couple of weeks
    Last edited by bignose; 03-31-2016, 06:20 PM.

Good work Stu. I refuse to drive to Fletchers anymore. I will be seeking shad at other spots as my work schedule allows.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I hit the mouth of Deer Creek on the Susquehanna the other day. Not a lot happening as of yet but there was small schools splashing around in the shallows. It was cold and windy, had the place to myself which I knew was a bad sign and I didn't get a one. Another week or so and they will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by DonV View Post
        I hit the mouth of Deer Creek on the Susquehanna the other day. Not a lot happening as of yet but there was small schools splashing around in the shallows. It was cold and windy, had the place to myself which I knew was a bad sign and I didn't get a one. Another week or so and they will be there.
        No one else there?!?!? That speaks volumes in just a couple of words.
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Originally posted by HJS View Post
          No one else there?!?!? That speaks volumes in just a couple of words.
          Yes literally. There were two guys on the backside of the walkway bridge when I got there and they left shortly after I got there and it was me all by my lonesome with not even a fish to keep me company.

Comment

Working...
          X