Fishing Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Log

Been looking online for a fishing log for the smart phone. I know how important a log can be as you can find patterns and learn from previous outings. What app are you using ? Are you still just jotting down on paper or if you have an app what do you like most? Thanks guys and sharpen those hooks.

There's a couple like fishidy out there, but after seeing that most of them require fees to access all the features, I typically just use an excel spreadsheet. Excel has ways to filter columns, so you can sort it out by things like number of fish caught, location, etc. I flaked last year and only recorded the first few months, this year I hope to be a lot more in depth.

Comment

Yea I think because we all have a phone on us while fishing an app might be better to record all the info accurately and immediately. Didn't know if there was an app for saltwater specific as you could chart tides and gps location? Just trying to scope out what is simple and efficient. Anyone else have something that works for them?

Comment

Do a search on your phone app store, Iphone has 6-7 apps for Fishing Log, unfortunately they all cost a few coins.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I looked at the apps as well. I use One note ( through Microsoft)(free)and set up folders for reports, bay and fresh water. The reports are just that. Intel I gathered and jogged down from fellow friends or forums. I list the date and locations. I even have sub folders for locations I frequent. It seems to work. I have the one drive app on my phone then it is saved across any platform. You have to enter things like time, tide, lunar etc. It has been working for me. It is also searchable. I can call up my favorite spot and all the logs I entered come up. I can go by date as well.
          John
          Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

Comment

Working...
          X