late sunday BB report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late sunday BB report

first post here, been reading for a little while...anyway met a few guys from the forum over on the east side of the bridge after a early launch from terrapin. Found a few spot in 14' between the bridge spans. Took four spot out to 30' pilings and had two 24 inchers in a matter of minutes. Put those two in the cooler bag and then jigged up and released five or six more keeper rock including one maybe 28-30 incher. Seems like a good bite on the outgoing tide. As others have said once the tide slowed so did the bite. All jig fish on a 3/4 ounce head and chartreuse BKD.

welcome and nice job! there have been some really great summer rockfish caught this year by us yakers. where you from? i love bkd's
    sigpic

Comment

Hey, were you in a sand colored Hobie? I might've seen you out there. I was in an Emotion Mojo, wearing a brown hat/orange vest.
      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

yup that was me, sand colored outback. Just picked it up in May. Lots of fun so far!

Comment

welcome. nice job. good fishing at the bb now!
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

welcome to the site and thanks for the report. It looks like jigging is the hot ticket this year at the bridge. From what i have read in reports most of the 30" fish are being caught off jigs.

Comment

frettr00 and muldoon,
              I was out there with you on Sunday- in the red WS Ride. I did very well also with 4 fish over 30". Although live-lining is the traditional summer fishing mode, jigging has worked consistently for me at the bridge over the last 7 summers in the mornings and evenings on a moving tide. During the day the fish are less likely to pursue a jig. The fish are onto something- that bright sun is painful so I usually go just for a morning or evening.

frettr00, do you have a photo of me with that tagged fish?

see you all out there again sometime

Comment

Originally posted by toadfinger View Post
                frettr00 and muldoon,
                I was out there with you on Sunday- in the red WS Ride. I did very well also with 4 fish over 30". Although live-lining is the traditional summer fishing mode, jigging has worked consistently for me at the bridge over the last 7 summers in the mornings and evenings on a moving tide. During the day the fish are less likely to pursue a jig. The fish are onto something- that bright sun is painful so I usually go just for a morning or evening.

frettr00, do you have a photo of me with that tagged fish?

see you all out there again sometime

Yeah, I posted it in this thread. http://www.snaggedline.com/boatyard/...ead.php?t=1377
                2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
                X