Rocky Gorge Photo Report - 3/26/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge Photo Report - 3/26/16

Lost the biggest bass of my life today, but caught this nice fattie on a chatter bait. Also missed another nice one.

Hey Tom, two can play that game on the Gorge! .... sorry about the long range release on the PB!

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Way to go Dave! I hope to get back out next weekend.

Comment

seems like the gorge is the place to be! i got these 2 this morning

IMG_0012.jpgIMG_0013.jpg

Comment

All nice fatties! Congrats
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Way to go Tom, I need to get out soon.
            John

Cuda 12
            F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Nice catch! We went friday morning as stuck a few good fish as well. The place is starting to heat up
              Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
              -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
              -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

I have not fished Rocky Gorge but planning to soon. Can anyone suggest the best place to put in.

Comment

Rocky Gorge has 3 boat ramps to launch from. I personally hate launching from the Scott's Cove ramp in Howard County, MD. I don't like the way the boat ramp is set up there. I carry my kayaks on a trailer and I don't like backing down that boat ramp.

Comment

Thank you for your response. What would you consider the best stretch for fishing structure and trees?

Comment

There isn't an abundance of structure to be honest, some rocks and stumps. The water level is high now so there's lots of fallen trees to cast at. I personally like launching at Scott's cove and fishing towards the 29 bridge. Best of luck to ya. Don't be afraid to switch up your lures until you find what they want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The WSSC reservoirs are great places to kayak fish. Nice scenery and some nice fish. I've also been skunked there many times. The fishing can be so difficult that I've wondered where all the fish are. You need to pay your dues and put time in on the water to consistently catch bass. Now through June can be great there.
                        Last edited by DanMarino; 04-01-2016, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Not afraid of the skunk. The last time I fished Tridelphia I caught a 38" Tiger musky. That was 40+ years ago so I guess it 's time to go back again. Thanks everyone for the information and i'll see you on the river.

Comment

Lucky you man! I've seen some pictures of seriously big Muskie out of there. Hopefully I'll get lucky enough to hook into one. That's a big fishing goal of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I catch some nice pike every year (northerns) but that's usually on my annual trek to Maine. The most important thing I've learned is that if you want to catch a big pike you have to concentrate on pike and not fish for anything else. While you can get lucky once in awhile you really need to concentrate on big fish. The best way that I have found to catch big fish is with big live baits. Tie on a 6to8 inch fish and let it swim free with a large bobber. My biggest pike have always been in very shallow water.

Comment

Working...
                              X