Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in the April meet and greet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll everyone...in the interest of everyone having a fun, safe outing....I'm sad to report that I am bagging this Saturdays Meet and a Greet. The weather report has only been changing for the worse all week. I have been watching several reports, and they all say pretty much the same thing. We are looking at NW winds 20-30 mph with snow and rain mixed in. Not any conditions to be out in. I have been waiting to make the call and don't think it's fair to prolong the inevitable. I hope everyone understands.
    Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KJV View Post
      We'll everyone...in the interest of everyone having a fun, safe outing....I'm sad to report that I am bagging this Saturdays Meet and a Greet. The weather report has only been changing for the worse all week. I have been watching several reports, and they all say pretty much the same thing. We are looking at NW winds 20-30 mph with snow and rain mixed in. Not any conditions to be out in. I have been waiting to make the call and don't think it's fair to prolong the inevitable. I hope everyone understands.
      Kevin
      Sounds reasonable to me as I'm been debating weather to cancel coming all week and it takes the pressure off. Any plans for making it later in the month. Or if not an official M&G just a get together at the flats when the weather is more promising. It's a big place and I like knowing I have some company when I'm out there.

Comment

Originally posted by DonV View Post
        Sounds reasonable to me as I'm been debating weather to cancel coming all week and it takes the pressure off. Any plans for making it later in the month. Or if not an official M&G just a get together at the flats when the weather is more promising. It's a big place and I like knowing I have some company when I'm out there.
        Unfortunately, the rest of April is pretty booked for me. If I don't head to J-Bay, I may lead up the trip for CHSP in May. Doesn't sound like it's officially organized yet. I thought of you while making the call this early. I thought I remember you saying you were going to get there a day or two ahead and didn't want you to waste your time and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by KJV View Post
          Unfortunately, the rest of April is pretty booked for me. If I don't head to J-Bay, I may lead up the trip for CHSP in May. Doesn't sound like it's officially organized yet. I thought of you while making the call this early. I thought I remember you saying you were going to get there a day or two ahead and didn't want you to waste your time and effort.
          Thanks for the thoughtfulness. I held off making any hard plans when I saw the talk of the weather. I just hope it don't end up sunny, calm and seventy. They will all hate me on here for getting the M&G cancelled.

I did have plans of camping and the wife even took some vacation days to coincide with hopefully flats and shad fishing, best laid plans. Sounds like the weather will not even be good for shad fishing from shore. Went up to shad fish from shore last week, froze my @ss off and no fish, forecast was for a fairly decent day in the 50s with moderate wind. Believe me it was howling up that damn river. Think you made a good call many newcomers were interested and it's not a place you want to chances with. In the 30s in the morning insane.

Maybe I'm the jinx, last fall my fishing vacation the wind blew about 30 for a week straight and stopped the day after I left. You may all be paying for my sins.

Thanks for your efforts and really sorry it didn't all come together.

Comment

If sins=high winds and less than stellar weather, then MD would quickly become the new tornado alley. I speak of course on behalf of myself, and most of my friends. But thank you for giving us the heads up about the cancellation. I thought about taking a trip to my local-ish trout stream, but 25 mph winds and snow is a little much for me. Snow would be fine, my waders are insulated, but the wind, that's just going to be too much.

Comment

It's the smart move to make. It's been howling its arse off over here on the upper eastern shore for a week or better. We sat at my son's ball game tonite in a steady 25mph wind out of the south that was frigid coming up the bay. The forecast are not looking good at all over the next few days.

I'm in the same boat as KJV, I have to work the next weekend. I may try an evening run down if I can get away from work early enough, but that isn't my favorite time to fish there....nor highly probable...
              Last edited by Mullet Miller; 04-06-2016, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Good call...The long forecast wasn't looking favorable.. Looks like as of right now the closest fairly decent weekend weather won't be until the 16th, even the there's a chance of rain.

Comment

Whelp, looks like I'll be targeting Funks pond for a few crappie since Mother Nature is working against the M&G. Maybe another time fellas. BTW, was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a decent radio?

Comment

Smart move guys...The weather is lousy for the weekend with a new all time low forecast for Sunday morning and snow/rain wind for Saturday...
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Eppy26 View Post
                      Whelp, looks like I'll be targeting Funks pond for a few crappie since Mother Nature is working against the M&G. Maybe another time fellas. BTW, was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a decent radio?
                      I picked up a West Marine VHF75 (Uniden) on sale for $99.00

Comment

Thanks Oldbayrunner I appreciate it. Looked it up and has excellent reviews. Will be the one I go with.

Eppy

Comment

Working...
                        X