Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in the April meet and greet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest in the April meet and greet?

It seems we do not have a host/ organizer for the April 9th Meet and Greet. If there is interest myself and another member will take the reigns and get this thing rolling. Thinking a launch from the city yacht basin marina in Havre de Grace. Tides are kinda backwards for the day but we can make do. Lunch following somewhere in town. Please post if interested as the date is only 2 weeks away!
    Thanks,
    Kevin

As of right now, I would attend. I am not sure what Moc has line up.

Ed

Comment

If that date did not conflict with my first beach trip of the year, I would be more then willing to help out.
      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I would be interested in attending
        Bruce

Hobie PA 14
        Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
          If that date did not conflict with my first beach trip of the year, I would be more then willing to help out.
          Enjoy that beach trip!

Comment

Two interested here. Had the wife take some vacation days Thursday and Friday of that week to get us up there early and maybe do some shad fishing also. Am having some family issues but if nothing unexpected happens would like to fish Saturday and do lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Egriger View Post
              As of right now, I would attend. I am not sure what Moc has line up.

Ed
              Kevin and his friend are the only ones that has volunteered in an earlier Meet and Greet post, so he has the say on launch locations, times, and lunch. Thanks Kevin for stepping up on this one.

Comment

No problem! Hoping we can get a nice group together under such short notice.

Comment

Thanks Kevin!

Comment

I've never been to a M&G and thought this might be my first, but I'd need some advice on how to catch something there this time of year. I launched yesterday from Perry Point Park and paddled straight out into the flats throwing weighted creature baits looking for the LMB I caught there last May. I wondered if the reason I couldn't find a fish was that the water is still too cold and the weed cover is not grown in enough or maybe that the tide wasn't what it needed to be having launched around noon near peak. I trolled a little, but I can't figure how to do that without pulling weeds there. Last year was my first on any part of the Chesapeake. I really spend most of my time in central PA lakes and rivers. So, I really have no idea what I am doing for the most part in tidal water, but I've been enjoying the challenge and have appreciated the tips I have picked up in this forum.
                    Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
                    2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

Comment

Where would this one Launch from?

Comment

I'd hope there could be few launch locations and imagine people will go where the want.
                        Perry Point Park, Tydings, under the railroad bridge or even Lapidum are all options but I'll let the guys that put it together handle the details. At the same time it would be nice if everyone is on the same page and it would feel more like a M&G if everybody sticks semi together.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
                          Where would this one Launch from?
                          In the process of working it out. Will either be from Havre de Grace City Yacht Basin, or Perryville. Low tide is at 6:30 AM...so I'm taking that into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by KJV View Post
                            In the process of working it out. Will either be from Havre de Grace City Yacht Basin, or Perryville. Low tide is at 6:30 AM...so I'm taking that into consideration.
                            FYI, Perryville park doesn't open until 7 or 7:30.i don't remember which.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Originally posted by LivinTheDream View Post
                              I've never been to a M&G and thought this might be my first, but I'd need some advice on how to catch something there this time of year. I launched yesterday from Perry Point Park and paddled straight out into the flats throwing weighted creature baits looking for the LMB I caught there last May. I wondered if the reason I couldn't find a fish was that the water is still too cold and the weed cover is not grown in enough or maybe that the tide wasn't what it needed to be having launched around noon near peak. I trolled a little, but I can't figure how to do that without pulling weeds there. Last year was my first on any part of the Chesapeake. I really spend most of my time in central PA lakes and rivers. So, I really have no idea what I am doing for the most part in tidal water, but I've been enjoying the challenge and have appreciated the tips I have picked up in this forum.
                              That's part of fishing...some good days, a few epic days here and there, and some skunks in the mix as well. Always caught fish on Zoom plastics, trolling shallow diving plugs, shad imitations, and good ole bloodworms work too. Come out and enjoy the day...hopefully the skunk eludes us!

Comment

Working...
                              X