• First Fishing Trip of 2016 Lake Kittamiqundi

Check out my first trip of 2016 video

Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

I just like that 2014 Hobie pro angler 12. I've a similar one. Also that's a very nice fish catch. Enjoyed the video.

Comment

Just a quick "heads up" if you plan on fishing the Columbia Area ponds:
      The Hughes Corporation has blocked off the walkway at the South end of Kittamaqundi for renovations which makes for an interesting carry to the ramp. Figure a 50-60 yard carry from the parking lot.

And there are a few new restrictions at Wilde Lake to make fishing there a bit more difficult. And the map supplied doesn't quite match up with the written regulations, which is nothing new.

I am going to meet with the Columbia Association Open Space Assistant Division Director, Sean Harbaugh, to try to get some clarity as the rules are pretty vague, other than the residents on the South Side don't want us fishing there.
      Please go out of your way not to antagonize or act in a confrontational manner with the residents no matter how obnoxious they may be, as they are trying to get fishing shut down entirely on the lake (again).

His email address is: sean.harbaugh@columbiaassociation.org if you want to politely voice your concerns.

And please make sure that you register your craft with the Open Space Management Office on Gerwig Lane.

Comment

I just lifted my yak over the black Wall they have up and it was a breeze . I've never been bothered at wilde either been there about 8 yikes

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I've been fishing kittamiqundi for years from the shore and never knew we were allowed to use that ramp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The ramp at the Southwestern corner of the lake is there for the Columbia Association to load their "weed wacker" machine into the lake. You are not allowed to drive down the pathway there.
            In previous years, I parked in the corner of the lower lot and carried 30 feet across the pathway to the edge of the lake, as BassMoore has described.
            But currently, there are 3 foot high siltation barrier fences up on either side of the pathway as they are working on the walkway there, and unless you want step and lift over them, you are faced with a carry to the ramp, which is the first gap in the barrier open to the lake.
            Last edited by bignose; 03-23-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Good to know! I'll guess I'll be getting out there soon. I've had some killer days there from the shore but I've always wanted to pitch to the docks from a yak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X