Gheenoe ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gheenoe ??

Hi all I would like to see a 15ft 4in high side gheenoe . would any one in the Dorchester Co. Md. have one I could see . thank you Rick

I have owned two Gheenoes -- a 13' and 15'6" Classic. I do not own either one now. I would not have wanted to paddle either one for more than a short distance. I had small outboards on them. They are suitable for flat water only. Even in a 1' chop, they were bouncy and wet. I ran a crab trot line out of the smaller one.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

thanks J.A. I think I am not going to get a Gheeno for various reasons . I am thinking about a gas outboard for my KC12 ???

Comment

As a swamp fisherman the Gheenoe is a superman. But too small for charters..

I have had two and will do a build out on a third for my future son in law.
        Capt Mike

Comment

awesome picture of the redfish, perfect
          Originally posted by captmikestarrett View Post

Capt Mike
          2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
          LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Capt Mike
            That is a great photo Mike. Here are photos of my two Gheenoes -- without the tailing red.

scan0003.jpg water3.jpg

P.S. I saw one tailing red on a shallow flat in Tampa Bay yesterday morning. I tossed a lure to it, but had no interest.
            John Veil
            Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I have found that tailing reds like to be hit right on the head with a Cocahoe Minnow.

First time Capt Marty Authement said that I was hesitant but it worked so many times. He was right. John you fished Capt Marty right.

Capt Mike

Comment

I have found that tailing reds like to be hit right on the head with a Cocahoe Minnow.

First time Capt Marty Authoment said that I was hesitant but it worked so many times. He was right. John you fished Capt Marty right.

Capt Mike
                About a decade ago, I went on a multi-year quest to catch my first redfish. I booked charters in Louisiana (one with Capt Marty), in Texas, and in Florida. On some of those trips other anglers on the boat caught reds, but not me. My first ever redfish came in 2008 in Virginia Beach, fishing with Cory Routh a kayak fishing guide. In a four-hour trip out of Lynnhaven, I caught 7 reds. It was a relief to get the monkey off my back.

I still struggle catching reds. I usually catch a few reds each year in Tampa and got a nice one on my own last Sept in the Virginia section of the bay. But it takes a lot of effort with only minimal success.
                John Veil
                Annapolis

Comment

Working...
                X