Spriggs Farm Park Kayak access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spriggs Farm Park Kayak access

I visited Spriggs Farm Park on Friday, 3/11/16 to check out the relatively new launch on the Magothy. Initially, I thought I was locked out at the first entrance. I drove down to the second entrance and it looked locked too, but upon closer inspection, it was not actually locked. I was able to get in, drive down to the parking area and check out the beach launch.

For those with the heavier peddle kayaks, a cart is a definite necessity. For others with lighter kayaks, the portage down the unpaved ramp should not be an issue. You can unload the kayak and gear close to the ramp, and then park.

There is an application process with A.A. Co. Parks and Rec to obtain the lock combination. So, it's wise to go on-line or call and download and fill it out ahead of time as the gate could easily be fully locked. There's a QR code on the sign with more info. You may be able to enlarge the QR code on the sign photo here, or just go on-line to A.A. Co. Parks and Rec and search Spriggs Farm Park.

The launch puts you hard on big water about two thirds down river on the south side. From there, there depending on wind/weather, you could reach the points and jetties around Gibson Island, or just stick with shoreline around the piers on the south side.

I've fished the Magothy some with limited results, and it's not my fav western shore river. However, it is another close by launch site for those who live on the western shore, and the Park itself is very nice.

If someone could tell me how to download pics that aren't upside down, that would also be helpful. Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by Fishinfool; 03-14-2016, 01:34 PM.

We have done well out of Spriggs later in the year. Did you launch or just scout the property?
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
      We have done well out of Spriggs later in the year. Did you launch or just scout the property?

Just scouted it out. Very pretty piece of land there. The County did a nice job with signage, fencing, and I like the fact that they didn't pave it with an impervious surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishinfool View Post

If someone could tell me how to download pics that aren't upside down, that would also be helpful. Thanks
        You either need to upload them to an image host that allows editing or edit them on your computer in mspaint or something like that. Or just hold your phone right side up As a southpaw, I have this issue all the time.
        Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
        Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
          You either need to upload them to an image host that allows editing or edit them on your computer in mspaint or something like that. Or just hold your phone right side up As a southpaw, I have this issue all the time.
          Thanks Drew. I am a leftie too. Trying to figure out why that makes a difference. Maybe when I take a shot horizontally? Anyway, I'll try ahooting right handed next time.

Comment

Most phones want the camera lens either up or down when you hold the phone horizontal. You just need to try both and see which it is. I assume most are set up so that the lens is correct when the phone is held in the right hand and pivoted left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
            Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Working...
            X